Web based workout tracking

AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
edited May 2008 in Fitness
Does anyone know of a good online workout tracking site? I am looking for something with graphs and other nifty stuff that keeps a log of how much I lift. A friend showed me a site like this but that was a year ago and neither one of us remember.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Fitday
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    fitday seems to be all about diet, is there something like fitday but for workouts?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Fitday can track cardio, but it's virtually impossible to track the calories burned by weightlifting (Without serious equipment). Unless you just want to see "I lifted X pounds on X day."
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Since weightlifting is anaerobic, it burns calories throughout the day depending on what you eat/how often you do it. It is very difficult to pinpoint exactly how many calories are burned. It's relative to your body, metabolism, and how hard you are pushing yourself.
  • AuthorityActionAuthorityAction Missouri Member
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to use fitday. Do you know of anything that logs "I lifted X on this day"? I know I could easily write it on paper, but I would still like to find the site that I saw a year ago that did this.
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited March 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Fitday can track cardio, but it's virtually impossible to track the calories burned by weightlifting (Without serious equipment). Unless you just want to see "I lifted X pounds on X day."

I'd actually like something like this, basically a trainer's log. I found a facebook app once, but it was horrible.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited March 2008
    bodybuilding.com they have a bodyspace section that you can track this type of stuff if I remember correctly.
  • edited May 2008
    Better late than never....

I've been using thedailyplate.com for a few months now. It's free and I love it. I lost about 10 pounds in the 3 weeks before my wedding, and I used it after the honeymoon to get back down. This was all while taking it easy with a foot injury. I'm mainly a runner/biker, so I can't really judge it from the bodybuilder's pov. They have a paid membership, but I really don't see any need to upgrade unless the Gold Package actually sucks the fat out through my fingers as I type.

It's so easy to track calories. Their database has about 99% of the foods I've entered - even grocery store-specific brands. I think users add stuff to the database, and someone eventually validates it. You can set weight loss/gain goals which generates a daily calorie goal that changes each time you update your current weight. They're adding little features all the time. They have just about every exercise imaginable, but calculating calories burned still is not an exact science.
  • LawnMMLawnMM Colorado
    edited May 2008
    If you are willing to drop the coin 24hr Fitness has that Bodybugg deal which is pretty accurate, just expensive. Depends what you're willing to spend on your health I suppose. Their site will graph your caloric expenditure and intake based on data from the armband.

There are added benefits to that such as being able to get an idea of how many calories you burn daily irrespective of activity levels and dietary differences. Its nice to be able to average your caloric expenditures based on data you've collected on yourself.