Raiding Valarius

TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
edited April 2008 in Gaming
I'm sick of seeing Jiriki raiding Valarius multiple times a day. The village being raided is only a 3 hr Prat ride south of TF1. Right by Keebs old village, Roadblock.

I'm am hoping to put a defense up to destroy Jiriki's Imps. Since this village is in the middle of [GA]REN territory, maybe we can get some quick help on this from those guys too. Jirike usually comes by with 4k troops and I have about 4k of Lvl20 Prats I can send just myself.

What do you guys/gals think? You in?

I know Valarius was asking for a sitter, did he get anyone to sit? If not, we'll have to wait until we talk to him in order to start any coordination.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I don't know of a sitter... I'll give Ren the heads-up.
  • LamboLambo Sunny Scotland
    edited April 2008
    I believe SillyViking is Sitting
  • edited April 2008
    Lambo wrote:
    I believe SillyViking is Sitting

Yes I was sitting yesterday, but did send him and IGM earlier today telling him that I was unavailable today (hence Lambo sitting for me) and telling him he should get another sitter... he did say he is struggling to get online due to life committments so, altho he read the message (I just checked) I can't say if he had time to find anyone else.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited April 2008
    I was sitting, but unfortunately I was unable to sit today and I'll be unable to sit tomorrow, Thursday, Friday or Saturday so Valarius would probably be better off not having me sit for him until next week.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    When did he say he'll be back?
  • edited April 2008
    TBonZ wrote:
    When did he say he'll be back?

These are all I know, TB

<table class="f10" background="img/uk/msg/block_bg22.gif" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="440"><tbody><tr><td background="img/uk/msg/underline.gif" width="230">Valarius</td> <td class="right" width="100">21/04/08</td> <td width="12">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="12">
    </td> <td background="img/uk/msg/underline.gif" width="230">RE: Sitter</td> <td class="right" width="100">04:25:38</td> <td width="12">
    </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="5">x.gif
    block_bg25.gif</td></tr> <tr> <td width="12">x.gif</td> <td colspan="3" background="img/uk/msg/underline.gif" valign="top">That would be great. I'll add you to my account. I just need to spend resources and try and build up my new villages at the outpost. Work and my GF's study mean I don't have the puter time to keep the resources spent at the moment.

I'm always happy to reinforce someone who needs it but send my hero if you can.

Tom</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table class="f10" background="img/uk/msg/block_bg22.gif" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="440"><tbody><tr><td background="img/uk/msg/underline.gif" width="230">Valarius</td> <td class="right" width="100">22/04/08</td> <td width="12">
    </td> </tr> <tr> <td width="12">
    </td> <td background="img/uk/msg/underline.gif" width="230">RE: You back online?</td> <td class="right" width="100">07:58:57</td> <td width="12">
    </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="5">x.gif
    block_bg25.gif</td></tr> <tr> <td width="12">x.gif</td> <td colspan="3" background="img/uk/msg/underline.gif" valign="top">Its not that I'm completely offline. I'm able to log in for a few minutes a day. Its just that at the moment I cant spend resources quickly enough one of my villages got hit for 80k over the weekend. What your'e doing looks great.

I just saw you blue in the forum list... I aint done too much, we all been busy reinforcing Hawk... just worked on some of yer fields and you had a level 18 res and loads of resource so I guessed you been trying to get that up to 20??

Anyway, apologies if I did any of it wrong :)</td></tr></tbody></table>
  • edited April 2008
    OK managed to catch the latest raid and had about 10 mins or so before to sort it.... went from first pic to second pic... phew!!!

http://speed.travian.co.uk/berichte.php?id=19635945
  • edited April 2008
    And another attack:

http://speed.travian.co.uk/berichte.php?id=19651582

managed to save 55 K this time and he got big fat zeroes :D
  • Invisible-MuffinInvisible-Muffin Scotland
    edited April 2008
    awesome, if that is kept up he'll just get bored :)
  • edited April 2008
    awesome, if that is kept up he'll just get bored :)

Yeah hope so... Im spending more time playing with Valarius than myself (umm should I rephrase that?! .. NAH!!)

Luckily he has 4 or 5 villages all close to each other and this guy only attacks one at a time... so I been ugrading his markets and building max troops just before attack and sending the rest of the res off last second :cool:
    edited April 2008
    Yeah hope so... Im spending more time playing with Valarius than myself (umm should I rephrase that?! .. NAH!!)

HAHAHAHA!

a bit dodgy :p
  • DuchessDuchess Surrey, UK
    edited April 2008
    How far away are Jiriki's villages from Valarius?
  • edited April 2008
    Duchess wrote:
    How far away are Jiriki's villages from Valarius?

depends which village he attacks - first one I only saw with just over 10 mins to spare (and not enough merchants to get rid of it all) but the second one was 7.6 fields and I had 30 mins notice.... I do like the rounded look of that 0% profit he got there :D
    edited April 2008
    depends which village he attacks - first one I only saw with just over 10 mins to spare (and not enough merchants to get rid of it all) but the second one was 7.6 fields and I had 30 mins notice.... I do like the rounded look of that 0% profit he got there :D

You did a good job there. Well done :)

Know I have said this before (I think) but does he not tend to raid around the same time? 9, then mid pm, then again mid evening?
  • edited April 2008
    Duchess wrote:
    You did a good job there. Well done :)

Know I have said this before (I think) but does he not tend to raid around the same time? 9, then mid pm, then again mid evening?

I, personally, dont know - never saw anything about Valarius til he asked for a sitter... but then I am new :)
    edited April 2008
    I, personally, dont know - never saw anything about Valarius til he asked for a sitter... but then I am new :)

I checked the attacks on his villages, listed over the last few days. Maybe new but defintely part of the team :)
    edited April 2008
    Jiriki just got hit again and I know SV is out at the moment. I swear I'm going to get that guy.
    edited April 2008
    well, 6% loyalty now...
    no hope for the village :(
    edited April 2008
    Can't we ask for support for him from the GA Ren guys that surround him??
    for his other villages
    edited April 2008
    with 6% loyalty, there's not enough time...
    edited April 2008
    No, but I CAN get them to zero it out first maybe. Messages dispatched.
    edited April 2008
    Dammit, we need someone to watch for incoming :-/
    edited April 2008
  • edited April 2008
    the village is lost :(
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, this was a cluster****.

First, it was an indefensible position next to a highly-coordinated Zero player who has been laying waste to our allies in the area. I know, it's how I lost Roadblock. Some battles aren't worth it, and this was definitely one of them.

Second, everyone went in opposite directions and signals were crossed in every way possible.

Major decisions need to get posted (like whether to reinforce or zero), even if details have to wait.
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    Major decisions need to get posted (like whether to reinforce or zero), even if details have to wait.

Absolutely, but 6% loyalty doesn't allow much time to discuss matters. I posted this thread yesterday morning but things didn't connect. Jiriki could've been repelled if we had of acted. He sent less troops than gen-x did, he even employed Praet's with his senators.
    edited April 2008
    I agree we could have reinforced if we had acted yesterday, but we've been distracted, particularly by Godsend's reemergence (which is more important).

I'm not suggesting a discussion, I'm suggesting "reinforcing now, asking for reins from Redrose/Ren1" in the quick reply box. :p
    edited April 2008
    Keebler wrote:
    I agree we could have reinforced if we had acted yesterday, but we've been distracted, particularly by Godsend's reemergence (which is more important).

I'm not suggesting a discussion, I'm suggesting "reinforcing now, asking for reins from Redrose/Ren1" in the quick reply box. :p

In the future, it will be done. :)
    edited April 2008
    just been raided again
    edited April 2008
    Shall we intervene then? I can round up 3500 Praetorians there in 9 hours.