GTA4 Xbox 360 - My Views After 3 Hours - SPOILERS

FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
edited May 2008 in Gaming
GTA 4 - My review of the first 3 hours of play.

todd_382391_1%5B671464%5D.jpg

I'm sure a lot of you may have been anticipating this game and a lot of you have not, I for one have been salivating over the release date of the game!!

I got my hands on the game yesterday and have only played it for approximately 3 hours, I thought I would share you with guys what my first views of the game were and let you know some of the newer enhanced features of the game.

Yes, at a glance this is a typical Grand Theft Auto style and layout. But ofcourse, the graphics are much better and the whole feel of the game is much nicer and smoother!

For the 3 hours I have played I feel it is just another typical GTA game, but with added extra's and more playability! Which is always good if your a GTA fanatic.. You know it's going to the be similar to the rest of the series (apart from GTA London!!!) but it's always nice to have new missions and also have a more realistic character (which we all know games are trying to achieve!).

Some of the new features that I have liked are as follows (by the way, there are non that I do not like as of YET):
1) When running up and down stairs, your favourite Russian will not run at the same pace seemingly gliding up/down the stairs (as your character did in previous GTA's), instead when running down he 'sidesteps'.
2) When stealing a parked up car, instead of noticing that it is locked and walking away.. He smashes the window (in a variety of ways), jumps in and you have to pull the left and right trigger to hotwire the car.
3) When you jump on a motorbike your friendly Russian decides to abide by the law and puts a helmet on, however it seems to come out of nowhere (hopefully not his ass!).
4) When you take your lovely 'bitches' out on dates you can join in and do activities, I took my lady on a date and we went bowling. which was nice :P -- Other activites include a burleske house, darts, strip club, etc.
5) You can go out on the town with your cousin at some of the above mentioned places. One of which is the bar (my favourite) -- When you come out of the bar you are pretty wasted and the screen starts swaying back and forth and if you get in a car you pretty much lose control of it and crash into EVERYTHING.. Which kept me amused and laughing for a good 5 minutes!!! Altough I then got busted because I totalled a cop car (but still fun!!)
These are only a small amount of the new additions to GTA, and I'm sure you GTA lovers can't wait get playing this one and see for yourself!!!

Here are 2 video's for your viewing pleasure (please note that they are 15mb and 18mb and right click and choose 'Save As...'). Also I'm unsure as the what the clicking sound is when there is no other sound -- must be my camera.. OH and before I forget, I would have done more but I was filming with one hand and pressing buttons with another!!!! :P

Videos (Right click and choose 'Save As...'):

Motorbike
Breaking Into A Car

I hope you GTA Lovers don't mind me posting this but I thought I would share with you all :D

Peace!

FelixDeSouze

Comments

• JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited April 2008
    sounds good man, i wasnt really that big of a fan of GTA until San Andreas came out, that game was awesome!

Cant wait to try GTA4 one of these days.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    GTA2 is still the best of the franchise.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    Jengo wrote:
    sounds good man, i wasnt really that big of a fan of GTA until San Andreas came out, that game was awesome!

Cant wait to try GTA4 one of these days.

You should really try out Vice City, then. If you liked one you're sure to like the other.
  • edited April 2008
    Torrent or early delivery?
    GTA2 is still the best of the franchise.

I thought GTA 2 was the worst :/ just couldnt get into it and didnt like the cars. Imba music though...
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    The first was also pretty good IMO
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited April 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:

The very first one is a classic! Gotta love it, I wasn't very lucky to have a PS2 when the first 3D GTA came out but I soon got my hands on one and ever since, I've loved them!

I hope to be playing multi with a few of you 360'ers soon! (If you get it)
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited April 2008
    I am looking forward to this one. The online aspect sounds awesome from what i have heard.
    edited April 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:

The first and second GTA are also free to download on Rockstar Game's website.
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    The first and second GTA are also free to download on Rockstar Game's website.

I didn't know that thanks for the tip!
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2008
    Being an avid halo 2&3, gears of war, ghost recon series, rainbow six series, etc.. xbox live player, GTA IV's online play is pretty lame. I'm used to very very in depth games where it's pretty much based around multiplayer, and since IV focuses on the story more than multiplayer, it doesnt have the same feel. It's still fun to mess around, but I definitely don't see myself playing it on xbox live for years.

Saints row's online multiplayer was definitely a lot better. If you don't know, saints row is basically a copy of the GTA games and it was out for 360 shortly after the launch of the console. It was just a lot easier to get into and the games were a lot more fun.
    edited May 2008
    What do you do in multi-play? I do not own/play a 360 or have played this game. Is there a point or do you just try to co-op the story or death match? The best thing for that game would be like a sandbox multi-play. Get some garry's mod on there, that would be sweet.
    edited May 2008
    I've only played Multiplayer for about 10 minutes so I don't know all the things you can do but I do know that you can do teams (5v5 and just kill) and also bank robbery (but I've not played either :( )
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    That's a pretty fair review. It definitely starts a lot slower than any of the GTA3 games. It is a hell of a fun game. The driving dynamics are far improved. Each vehicle seems to have its own unique handling and performance which is a neat trick ;)

The missions are definitely overly varied though in comparison to previous ones. It's either a "drive this dude somewhere" or "drive somewhere" followed by "talking to someone", "stalking to kill someone" or "kill a lot of others" followed by "drive back" or "drive fast to remove your wanted level". A little repetitive but certainly still fun :)
    edited May 2008
    Also, with your g/f (Michelle) if you have a different car and different clothes each time you see her she comments on them.. Which is nice to change what she says rather than having her on repeat with a parrot up her 'hoo-ha'