So.. I finally caved and bought a 360

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Gaming
Yes, I realise I am a milllenium behind the times but I just don't have the time at the moment for PC upgrades and planning. I took the easy option and bought a 2nd XBOX360 off a work mate of mine. So far so good (I will admit I have only played GTA4, which is why I craved anyway)... even using it as a media streamer (funky actually).

Just one question.. has anyone figured out how to get media content to it. I know it comes with some pre-installed but I do think that's a bit pointless if you can't copy other stuff to it? Anyone :)

I also have an XBOX gamertag now... S8NFTW :)

Comments

• CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I use TVersity. You can download Window Media Connect also. That's the official Microsoft product.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    You won't be disappointed but just don't try and play any FPS, it's very disillusioning.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2008
    I'm one of the strange few who are better at console FPS's than on a PC.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Black Hawk wrote:
    You won't be disappointed but just don't try and play any FPS, it's very disillusioning.

;D

ya, stick with TF2 on PC for now shorty:bigggrin:
  • DeanoDeano Leicestershire, England
    edited May 2008
    tmh88 wrote:
    I'm one of the strange few who are better at console FPS's than on a PC.

Likewise.

Welcome to the 360 club (again), i'll add your gamertag and we'll have a few :)
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2008
    Now all you got to do is go buy yourself a cheap HD-DVD drive from Amazon.de (£13.92)and few HD-DVD's for £4.99 from HMV Online and then you'll be fully up with the times.:D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I haven't decided yet ;D

I think I still need to get a HD TV yet! Ahhhhh I shouldn't be spending any money either at the moment :bawling:
  • JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited May 2008
    Shorty wrote:
    I haven't decided yet ;D

I think I still need to get a HD TV yet! Ahhhhh I shouldn't be spending any money either at the moment :bawling:

Head on over to AVForums.co.uk and buy yourself a secondhand 42" plasma for around £350-400 and you're sorted. :bigggrin:
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited May 2008
    WElcome! Feel free to add me to live! :)

Yeah, GTA4 FTW!
    edited May 2008
    I will add gamer tags but I probably won't be online much with it at the moment. Go loads on but shall try to squeeze some GTA4 & Call of Duty 4 in at some point!

Wobbled a bit on the HDTV a bit more. Found a Panasonic Viera 42" plasma for £600. Tempting as hell!
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited May 2008
    Shorty wrote:
    Wobbled a bit on the HDTV a bit more. Found a Panasonic Viera 42" plasma for £600. Tempting as hell!
    Give in. Get it, you know you want to.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    It's supposed to be a buyer's market for HDTV over the summer, you'll probably be seeing more and more deals through the coming weeks. Samsung's already "Fired the First Shot" in the upcoming war.
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2008
    You can either use WMP11 to stream HDWMV, WMV, or divx (including xvid) to the 360s, burn them to disc (in UDF for the large 9.5 GB HD WMV rips) or my personal favorite, get MacDrive and format an external USB drive with the HFS+ file system. HFS+ drives are readable by the 360. Works great!

Also, those 360 dvd drive firmwares are very easy to flash :)
    edited May 2008
    I got a 37" LCD Samsung :D

Gorgeous picture and wow does the 360 look good! I also hooked my laptop up to it for fun.. mmmmmm mmmm that's awesome!
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2008
    Cant go wrong with Samsung TVs these days :bigggrin:
    edited May 2008
    Hell no, this one is gorgeous and perfecto for the job! :D