///Got It///Online Store > America > UK

HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Trading Post
Hey guys,

There'a a toy on the internet I'd like to get but they only ship to america, I've looked everywhere, trust me I've clicked EVERY page google had to offer and this is the only place. The problem is they only deliver to America and they've stopped making them, so this is pretty much my last chance :tongue: I've still got to sort out how I'd get the money to whoever were to purchase this, but would anyone here in IC be willing to buy it for me and then ship it over to the UK?

The Item is this and I'm looking to buy two of them.

Item = $19.99
Quantity wanted = 2
Shipping (To fellow icrontian from the store) $5.95
Total = $45.93

Then there's whatever the shipping to the UK will cost, but I think that it'll fit into a standard rate package.

Comments

• ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2008
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    They've been out of stock for months :( As I said they've stopped making them so unless they're a dedicated supplier they're not likely to get any new ones, and most likely from a third party :( It's just leftovers now.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'll do it for you.

Just PM me your bank account numbers, and I'll take care of the rest :D

But seriously: YGPM
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I think you could do it over paypal, I might be able to buy it for you and ship it to you
    edited May 2008
    CB and I are already arranging something, thank you though, Gate28 :) My fault for not posting anything :tongue:
    edited May 2008
    Item in transit :D
    edited May 2008
    Your toys have arrived.

They look pretty neat... I didn't really look at what they were when I ordered them. Nothing on the package is in English.... Are they battle-tops or something?

I'm tempted to open the packages and play with them before I send them on. ;)

They'll be back in the mail in the morning. :)
    edited May 2008
    Awesome, thanks CB :D Yeah, they're battle tops, call me stupid but they can be quite fun :tongue: But the resale value for those in the UK is like £25 ($50 each) so once I've had my fun I can sell them again xD They're part of the latest ones which are 80% metal, vs the plastic ones which are about 10% "metal" which is more like heavy plastic, or a VERY cheap alloy :tongue: the metal ones break the plastic ones within a couple minutes, so I will have some fun :rarr: That and my friend has a fake one that's massive so I can kick his ass :ninja: They made a very small amount in the UK and they're not produced ANYWHERE any more, plus the japanese ones are the originals so they're of the highest quality :D

Once you've mailed it could you give me an ETA for it? I'd appreciate it.

P.S. You can give them a go if you like :tongue:

EDIT: If you want a preview of what the metal era (HMS system) ones look like, here's a video :tongue: the one you've got for me is Dranzer MS, featured at 3:36
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u8jLLdTClMU&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u8jLLdTClMU&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

And if you want to see the difference between HMS and plastic:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yxDQo0Hht1Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yxDQo0Hht1Q&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

You can guess which one is the metal one :tongue:
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    P.S. You can give them a go if you like :tongue:

I would, but they're already on their way. ;) 5-10 business days is what the CSR said.
    edited May 2008
    Awesome, thanks CB :D If there was any cash left over I hope it goes to good use ;)

EDIT: I need a new thanks phrase other than "Awesome, thanks CB :D" :tongue:
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Awesome, thanks CB

No problem. Glad to help.
    If there was any cash left over I hope it goes to good use ;)

You bought my soda at lunch today. :)
    edited May 2008
    Every little helps? (Slogan of massive supermarket chain in the UK, I don't know if fables of "Tesco" have reached Amernca) :tongue: I can't wait to break all my friend's tops haha. Thanks again :D
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I love these things cause they all have different spins to em. I have a few of my own. My friends and i used to battle all the time.
    edited May 2008
    Are, they're great :D Fighting spinning top concept aside, the physics of them is GREAT. I used to play with them when I was 11 or so, now that I'm 16 you really appreciate the physics of it. I did a little experimenting and aerodynamics of the top rings (miniscule differences have a big impact), the weight distribution, the level of friction with the stadium. Genius. I have fallen in love with the HMS designs (hard metal system, this is a hard metal one), the way the weight is distributed allows them to hit harder and spin for longer, t's great. Once they've arrived I'll do a dissection and show you guys :tongue: Am I cool or what?
    edited May 2008
    Stuff arrived today, great condition, works awesomely :D Thanks CB :thumbsup:
    edited May 2008
    Pics! I want to see them in action!
    edited May 2008
    Sure! I'll try to pinch my sister's digital camera ;)