11 signs you're no longer a hard-core gamer

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited May 2008 in Gaming
I saw this today and it fits me like a glove dangit. No wonder I'm down to GW and WOW. No reflexes required. :mad:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/xbox/11-signs-youre-no-longer-a-hard-core-gamer-329291

Comments

• rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited May 2008
    Missileman wrote:
    I saw this today and it fits me like a glove dangit. No wonder I'm down to GW and WOW. No reflexes required. :mad:

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/xbox/11-signs-youre-no-longer-a-hard-core-gamer-329291

OH SH-- I'm losing my edge! At least I'll have fighting games. Still sharp there. Everything else is going down the drain.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited May 2008
    Dean Evans wrote:
    You only play when your girlfriend is out
    Because you only have one high-def TV and to play videogames on it while she's at home is 'selfish' and not something the two of you can do 'together'.

Ack!
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited May 2008
    I swear, half of the tech/geek related articles that I see on here have already been on www.xbox-scene.com like a month ago. I just should post random articles from that site and see how long it takes for someone to post the same thing.

btw the blu ray drive in 360 is still a fail http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=182288
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    These are not signs of becoming less of a gamer, they are just what happens when gamers get older. It happens with every hobby. It simply cannot be the primary thing in your life forever.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    um i meet some of those signs...like a golden age; who here things they should do a retro duck hunt. Other than that my computer so kicks the 360's ass. I think I might be a hardcore gamer still.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    :bawling: all of that is so true. I remember the days when gaming was life and life was gaming.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Oh crap! :aol:
  • garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited May 2008
    T___T the "Spawn, Run, Die" it hit me head solid.. really hard..
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I'm doing great, don't have any of those against me with the exception of this one:

"It's been days, not hours since you last switched on your console"

But that's only because I switch on my PC to game
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I do fine on all of them. But my golden age of gaming is now...so...
    edited May 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    I do fine on all of them. But my golden age of gaming is now...so...

Enjoy it while you still can :(
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Sigh... I do miss the days (more like weeks\months) when I could game continuously for 24-48 hours at a time... :bigggrin:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Colgere wrote:
    Sigh... I do miss the days (more like weeks\months) when I could game continuously for 24-48 hours at a time... :bigggrin:

You mean like when it would take me a year to beat a video game, then I would let you borrow it, and it'd be back in my hands in less than two weeks?

Yeah, those were totally 'the days'...:rolleyes:
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by Colgere

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>You mean like when it would take me a year to beat a video game, then I would let you borrow it, and it'd be back in my hands in less than two weeks?

Yeah, those were totally 'the days'...:rolleyes:

Hey, I had so many to get through back then.... now I'm a little more picky about what I will play, lol! ;D

Seriously though, I meant that I miss the fact that I had the free time to do that amount of gaming, and really, I just miss having that much free time in general.
    edited May 2008
    To be honest I defined my gaming life as coming home and playing WoW til my eyes bled... I haven't played WoW in 3 months now and I barely class myself as a gamer any more :bawling: I spent all my money on a PC to run the top games, after finishing the PC I have no money to buy said games, and probably won't be able to get a library of them until I need new parts for newer games :tongue: It's a cruel cycle :-/
  • garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    To be honest I defined my gaming life as coming home and playing WoW til my eyes bled... I haven't played WoW in 3 months now and I barely class myself as a gamer any more :bawling: I spent all my money on a PC to run the top games, after finishing the PC I have no money to buy said games, and probably won't be able to get a library of them until I need new parts for newer games :tongue: It's a cruel cycle :-/

ahh.. yes yes. It just all started with that Crysis.. And COD4.. and beware the incoming Company of Heroes: Bad Company. Ready your wallets. but in the end of the day. i ended playing windows Pinball. really cool graphics.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    its soo true my gaming life is TF2 and some BFME II And its like I picked up fishing once again
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    I am slowly getting back into gaming. Sacrilege that it may be, COD4 and GTAIV on the XBOX360 is definitely holding my attention somewhat recently :D

Maybe there is still hope for me yet!!!!!!
  • sharkydartsharkydart KY Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Hehehe I think I'm the worst offender of the final sign:

"You've pre-ordered GTA IV but don't mind if it doesn't turn up on launch day
    Wednesday's just fine. Really. You're a bit busy at the moment, anyway. In fact, you probably won't get a chance to play GTA IV until the weekend. You're also not bothered by the prospect of downloading the DLC for GTA IV either. You'll never finish the main game anyway."

On the 14th, I traded in one of my guitar controllers to get 10 bucks off and then left the game sitting, in its still-sealed original packaging, on top of my other games until yesterday afternoon, when a friend came over and we took turns playing it for maybe an hour and a half. (rolls eyes)