This is going to be a great year for PC gaming!!

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited May 2008 in Gaming
Check out this awesome list of games going to come out this year.

http://www.systemwars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69169

im so excited to be a PC gamer right now!

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    http://www.wcsaga.com/

This page made me feel all warm and tingly...
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Oh man. Far Cry 2 looks so cool.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Prime:

Guitar Rising
    A Guitar Hero- like game, only instead of a plastic guitar with buttons,
    a real guitar is used (by being plugged into the microphone jack) to play.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    omfg
    edited May 2008
    It will teach you how to play real guitar is what i heard. looks cool.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    The demo looks like it you just hit single notes at a time but i didnt see any cords. this will definitly get you comfortable moving around the fret board but will not teach you guitar. still, im excited about it.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Okay so the guy just throws up this thing that's like Travian, except based on Heroes of M&M...

What?!

Holy cheeses! That could potentially be the coolest use of http ever...

/me dives into the tubes to try to learn more...
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    WOW! A kings bounty sequel/remake srsly? Better be good, because the original was god to me.

Amazing awesomesauce coming out, should be some excellent games to play in between TF2 breaks :bigggrin:
    edited May 2008
    TF2 rulez supreme.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Three words: Oh. My. God.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Prime:

Guitar Rising

I'm buying that when it comes out. I read about it months ago and had completely forgotten about it. It's compatible with ANY electric guitar.

Yep, PC Gamers have it made. With all this talk about 'OMFW PC GAEMIN A DEAD OMGWTFBBQ HALO 3 RULEZZZZ' it's easy to forget that PC Gamers have one of the brightest shining futures as far as software is concerned.

STALKER Clear Sky is looking incredible. If you haven't seen the tech demonstration video, take a look. We're talking about real-time dynamic smoke simulation. Smoke that is effected by wind and moving objects. Simply incredible.

Also looking forward to Storm of War: BoB. New flight sim from the IL2 guys? Sign me up! I loves me some WWII Flight sims.

As for FarCry 2, I just can't seem to muster excitement for it. Maybe it's because I hate Ubisoft's guts. Maybe it's because the real brains behind the game went out and made the incredible Crysis. Maybe it's because, well, the bar has been set too high. I dunno.
    edited May 2008
    Ive never played any of the STALKER games but this one looks like a must. I love any FPS.

Lynx, I actually just remembered how bad they did with Far Cry Vengeance for Wii. And now my hopes are done. The gameplay in Vengeance was awful and the graphics... BLAH. But I guess thats what I get for the Nintendo version. I just want Far Cry 2 to be better than the 360 ones.

Oh and i about lost it at...
    UPSLynx wrote:
    OMFW PC GAEMIN A DEAD OMGWTFBBQ HALO 3 RULEZZZZ
    edited May 2008
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Yep, PC Gamers have it made. With all this talk about 'OMFW PC GAEMIN A DEAD OMGWTFBBQ HALO 3 RULEZZZZ' it's easy to forget that PC Gamers have one of the brightest shining futures as far as software is concerned.

Anytime a cool game is coming to the consoles, but doesn't seem like it's going to hit the PC, it's disappointing, but when earlier games from the franchise have been PC titles, and the later ones are replaced by console only or console-heavy titles, it can be downright upsetting.

When Mario ends up only on Nintendo systems, that's fine, that's where he's supposed to be.

However:
    • GTA started on the PC. GTA2 is one of the best multi-player games ever. Now people with XBoxes are playing GTA4, another great multi-player experience, and it looks like it'll be awhile before PC users get to play.
    • Elderscrolls was established on the PC as well, but the newer entries (while being released simultaneously on the PC) are being geared more and more to the console audience, and the devs aren't even really bothering to switch up the style for the PC.
    • Halo's original PC release came soon after the Xbox release, and the PC players were certainly a big part of the fan base. We had to wait years for the PC version of Halo 2 (and you have to have XBoxPC (aka: vista) in order to play, anyway). Will we ever get Halo 3?
    When PC users help create the fan base for a franchise, then the franchise moves to the consoles, we feel like we're being snubbed. Like the developers don't appreciate our previous support. It's like we're being punished.

It doesn't just apply to PC users either. Check out this article that Brian and I wrote awhile back about how as Nintendo players, we feel snubbed by the loss of Square, even many years later.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    NiGHTS wrote:
    Prime:

Guitar Rising

See drama with Gibson and HMX about patent infringement and why this won't come.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2008
    I agree with CB, PC gamers started a lot of good things, but in the end they get the finger. At least there is a TON of new content coming out for PCs.
    edited May 2008
    You're absolutely right CB. And trust me, I don't live in a state of gaming eupohia free from these feelings. It frustrates me just as much. I played GTA on the PC way back when. Elderscrolls are continually watered down for consoles these days.

How about Deus Ex? BRILLIANT game. But the sequel was pretty much ruined due to console-itis.

Or Bioshock. Native widescreen support on PC's doesn't even work correctly without a hack.

Or the Call of Duty series.

Or UT3!!! Unreal Tournament for fricks sake!

It really does suck. But again, there's still plenty of light shining upon the PC. We won't die. But we should expect many more punches below the belt.

And to Weezer, FarCry has sucked EVERYWHERE with the exception of FarCry on PC (the first release). That game was incredible - but sadly overshadowed by Doom 3 and Half-Life 2. EA tried cashing in with consoles on FarCry, and you see precisely how it turned out.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Far Cry on the PC was indeed an awesome game
    edited May 2008
    Ya I saw the console versions of FarCry on Tech TV one time and it was terrible. The only part of it that could be misconstrued as fun was sneaking up on enemies and then whacking them with a dinky pistol which launched them half-way across the map. I saw that and said "that game looks pretty terrible, what is it?" When I found out it was a FarCry game I was pretty shocked. The first was so great, but all these new console versions deserved to be defecated on.

I agree with you as well CB. Its almost like publishers are treating the PC as the "minor leagues" where they test out IP and then if its any good port it over to the consoles. Thats actually not a problem with me. Its when they RUIN THE GAME AND FRANCHISE trying to make it appeal to the console crowd. When Halo released first to the Xbox, despite being originally developed for the PC, it pissed me off. And similar to CoD, Halo has gone from a pretty good fps to an over-hyped uninteresting one.

I think developers and publishers should stop looking at ways to "appeal" to certain crowds and just make their games the way they should be. Seriously it would be MUCH better. And we will thank them for it.
    edited May 2008
    *points CB in the direction of divine divinity 2*

hmm, a DBZ MMO? i think ill have to try that.
    edited May 2008
    I think it's odd that they called DD one of the best RPGs ever. They were obviously playing a completely different game than I was.
    edited May 2008
    They were playing Knights of the Old Republic and forgot to mention it.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Oh, the joy I will feel when SC II finally comes out... I hope it will come out by year's end.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVKhku23b_Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVKhku23b_Q&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

'Nuff said.
    edited May 2008
    :eek:OMG :rarr::rockon:
    edited May 2008
    id put my money for sc2 to come out late aug-sept- early oct, based on what ive heard and how much has been released so far

EDIT: new sc 2 footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6bbQ1RHXLI
  • FormFactorFormFactor At the core of forgotten
    edited May 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVKhku23b_Q&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NVKhku23b_Q&hl=en&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

'Nuff said.

formfactor just **** his pants
    edited May 2008
    Guitar rising will be SWEET.

Plus epic new SCII footage is epic.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    id put my money for sc2 to come out late aug-sept- early oct, based on what ive heard and how much has been released so far

EDIT: new sc 2 footage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6bbQ1RHXLI

:necro: Slowly walk away from the keyboard.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Slowly walk away from the keyboard.

Indeed....
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited May 2008
    ive been rickrolled again...