Playstation 3 & F@H

edited June 2008 in Folding@Home
Hey guys,

Haven't been on the boards much recently but I bought a PS3 and saw that you can use F@H.

Was wondering if anyone has installed the F@H app. on it and if it lets you use the same acct. from your PC.

-Will

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2008
    Yep, a lot of us fold on our PS3s. You can definitely use the same account as your PC. :)
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    how is the noise from folding on it? I just got a ps3 but I really don't want to listen to it all the time.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I don't ever notice it.

Ever.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    It makes my ps3 louder. honestly. Fans go faster.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    i didnt even notice it, my PS3 is in my room and i sleep with it folding
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    To clarify, I didn't want to indicate that it's completely silent, but I don't notice it, be it because it's a constant drone I tune out or because I've always got other stuff going anyway. It's never been the loudest thing in my experience.
  • airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Oh ok. I slept with my old computer (which sounded like a f-14 at takeoff) for about two years. When I got my new computer which uses the antec 900 for the case (fans on low) I actually couldn't sleep for a few days because of the lack of noise. I felt like it was too quiet and that something was missing. But I fear that since I've gotten accustomed to quiet again I'd have more restless nights. Not to mention the room mate when I get back to college. My room mate hated my old computer with a passion.