laptop screwed, need help. please!

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited June 2008 in Hardware
My laptop is so messed up I'm ready to snap the thing in half. One thing after another keeps on happening. (any mods reading this, please delete my keyboard thread that I made)

First of all, my keyboard doesnt work. 1 out of like ever 5 key presses actually registers, and the touchpad doesn't work either. So basically I can't even use my laptop for now. I had to borrow my room mates keyboard and mouse. I took my keyboard out and re-seated the connection already.

Secondly, my wireless card wont work. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, updated it with the newest drivers. Didn't work. Then I physically removed it from my laptop, put it back in. Updated with the latest drivers. Still won't work. All 3 of my room mates get full signal from where I am, so I know thats not an issue. Device manager shows my card working properly. Its an atheros AR5005G card. I have it plugged in with ethernet right now.

Third, the special function's arent working, even when my keyboard is working properly. I cant brighten my screen, or adjust the volume without going into special programs.

Finally, my battery's level isn't reading properly. Vista shows it as 0% at all times, even when I'm sure its fully charged. I can use it for like 35 mins unplugged from the charger and it will say 0% the whole time, so that gives away that it is definitely not at 0%.

I put this in emergency mainly because the keyboard makes my computer unusable. Everything else just adds to the main keyboard problem. Please give me some suggestions for any of the problems, because as of now I can't use my laptop for anything.

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited June 2008
    I think the poor bugger's had it. Call the manufacturer and ask if they'll repair it.
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited June 2008
    how old is the laptop? make? model?

we had a laptop in the shop the other day that was doing some of the things you described. we ran a repair load, updated windows and updated drivers and it fixed the problem. for some reason it wasnt registering the key's as you stated, well it was, but EXTREMELY slow, to the point where if you pressed another key it would eliminate the keystroke before it.

one thing i would definitely try is safe-mode and seeing if that helps the keyboard problem at all, if it doesnt i would say update things and try a reload.

if a reload/update doesnt solve your problems, as amish said "I think the poor bugger's had it."