help!!!!

SweetDragonSweetDragon Casselberry, FL Member
edited June 2008 in Internet & Media
I have a web page at http://my.att.net/p/PWP-mcgillpage but today I got an email totally dissing it. Said it was hard to navigate and and an information overload. Please tell me that she just doesn't like me. I know the font is small but it's a template and I have tried everything I know and can't change it.

As a side note.......
Someone here was very helpful and told DogDragon about buying a web page from http://www.grandriverhosting<wbr>.com so if you tell me who I will hook you up.

Thanks,
SweetDragon

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    For what you are trying to do, I would look into something that is a bit more "premade" and structured for you. I suggest getting a free WordPress.com account and toying around with that possible.

I think with WordPress.com you can create pages as well as posts (assuming it is like the local install version I used)

Then you can just look through the 1000s of premade themes out there and you'll be in business!

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

cheers :jared:
  • edited June 2008
    No, not difficult to navigate. The links are just thrown on the navigation bar. So nothing is special. And yes, I agree with Jim Care- er Jared, get a Wordpress account. With the social environment your trying to promote, a more eye-pleasing template would be much of a help.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Sounds like its just somebody that has too much time on their hands and something sharp stuck up their backside; the site is not cluttered and the font may be small, but there is nothing seriously wrong for a site of that level and content. I am going to second the others about Wordpress though, its more of something that would be more useful for your targetted audience.

Don't let the pissypoos get to you.

Oh and nice page on the location @ New Smyrna Beach; thats the spot that I always went to when I lived in Orlando and wanted a day at the beach. Its also a great spot to look at the stars (if you can avoid the cops).
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    it also looks like something easily done in blogspot, you may want to try that.
  • WingaWinga Mr South Africa Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I have a small criticism, although it has nothing to do with the web page outlay. You may want to try and fix the grammar. What you are trying to achieve via the medium of your website is great, but if you want to be taken seriously I would suggest you give some thought to your introductory paragraph.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I concur with the rest of them. It's a perfectly clean layout. Can't see anything wrong myself. I have seen some terrible websites in my time with horrible colour schemes (ala MySpace profiles) and this definitely isn't like that :)
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Looks nice and clean to me. Maybe a little to bland on the color side of it, but for what your doing, its fine IMHO.