IRC has Borked

HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
edited June 2008 in Gaming
Hai all,

Well, some of you may or may not know that irontic has moved servers to... Icrontic :D As far as I can tell this means that our previous channel won't work (it didn't for me >.<). If it IS gone, what's the new channel? If it ISN'T gone... HALP. I really don't know, I'm not too familiar with IRC- this is BuddyJ and TBonZ Territory :P

Comments

• DuchessDuchess Surrey, UK
    edited June 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    Hai all,

Well, some of you may or may not know that irontic has moved servers to... Icrontic :D As far as I can tell this means that our previous channel won't work (it didn't for me >.<). If it IS gone, what's the new channel? If it ISN'T gone... HALP. I really don't know, I'm not too familiar with IRC- this is BuddyJ and TBonZ Territory :P

IRC is working :)
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    D'oh... HALP
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    Haru, if you are connected to irc.icrontic.com, #ictravian will be empty because the travian channel is still over at irc.rizon.net. Different server.

For now, if you want to be connected to both channels (and therefore both servers), you need a client that'll support multiple connections.
    edited June 2008
    Hmm, I've been connected to icrontic when it was with Rizon, AND a seperate iPower IRC channel on a different server :confused:
  • edited June 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Haru, if you are connected to irc.icrontic.com, #ictravian will be empty because the travian channel is still over at irc.rizon.net. Different server.

For now, if you want to be connected to both channels (and therefore both servers), you need a client that'll support multiple connections.

what is irc.icrontic.com? i thought there was only 1 channel.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    irc://irc.icrontic.com/ictravian
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2008
    I plan on moving to irc.icrontic.com #ictravian. I'd also like to institute a password to make it a bit more secure but that is a team vote.
    edited June 2008
    Q, any chance of remodelling this thread so it's an informative IRC change instead of a ":confused: WTF?!?!?!?!!" ? :tongue:
  • edited June 2008
    Seems like you guys just picked up and left without any warning or notice... Maybe a global IGM would be nice. :-/
  • DuchessDuchess Surrey, UK
    edited June 2008
    Middge wrote:
    Seems like you guys just picked up and left without any warning or notice... Maybe a global IGM would be nice. :-/

Sorry Middge, I thought someone was going to send one out. Was nothing personal :(