Console look sensitivity

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited July 2008 in Gaming
Hey guys,

This is kind of a random post, I just wanted to see what people think. I know like 90% of the people here are PC gamers. For those of you who play FPS games on consoles, do you notice a difference in look sensitivity when using a larger TV? I currently have a 32" LCD tv, but I'm used to playing on my former room mates 26" LCD. When I play Halo 3 or COD4 my aim is way off on my tv. The extra 6 inches throws off the look sensitivity a lot. Even after adjusting it and playing on it for weeks, I can't get used to it again. I'm actually going to buy a 26" LCD just because I can't play worth a crap on my 32" tv. Has anyone here experienced anything like this when changing to a different TV or even computer monitor? I don't know if I'm just crazy, but my game has gone to crap.

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Just use the software that came with your mouse... oh wait.

I have also noticed this, especially when you go from full screen to split-screen. Just bump up the sensitivity in the game until you are satisfied. And if you are not then there is always the PC...
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited July 2008
    True, but an xbox 360 costs 1/5 of a price of a good gaming pc. I already have my 360 and a nice TV(although I suck using it haha), and I have no money to spend on a new desktop.

Something about the size of the screen and the aspect ratio being different throws my aim off terribly. I'm used to a 16:10 26" TV, and now I'm playing on a 32" 16:9.
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited July 2008
    It happened to Me when i went from 17" CRT to 22" TFT my already average aim in CS:S went to ratsh!t took ages to to get used to it.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I cant relate. Im comfortable on any size screen.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited July 2008
    I just bough this guy on sale at walmart http://www.vizio.com/products/detail.aspx?pid=60 and I'm now using it as my desktop monitor and for FPS shooters on my 360. Man, did that help out a lot. This is the first time I've had anything bigger than a 17" monitor for my computer and I'm loving it.

This is sort of related, but does anyone know if HDMI causes a slightly higher response time than component or vice versa? Just a random thought.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    I cant relate. Im comfortable on any size screen.

Me too. I've never had an issue with this.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited July 2008
    I only have an issue when the batteries in the controller die.