audio only coming out of right speaker

tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
edited October 2008 in Hardware
Hey guys, as the title says, I only have audio coming out of my right speaker. My audio is just from an integrated chip that uses a realtek 97 driver (which I updated to the most recent one). My speakers are fine because I can plug my ipod into them and sound comes out of both. I checked the balance and it shows it as even. Any suggestions? This just started earlier today and I'm really confused/frustrated.

BTW my motherboard is an MSI K8N neo3.

Comments

• NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Try slightly pulling out the plug.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited September 2008
    Didn't work. However, when I did pull it out a good bit, audio was coming out of both speakers but there was no bass at all, and it was pretty much all treble.
    edited September 2008
    Any ideas guys? This is really annoying. It's not like I can check safe mode because I can't get sound on there anyway. I guess it could be hardware issues, but it was just working and then just randomly stopped all of a sudden.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Just as cars break down on the highway...
    edited September 2008
    I wish I had an extra soundcard :(
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    tmh88 wrote:
    I wish I had an extra soundcard :(

I've got a PCMCIA sound card I've been trying to get rid of for years...

I wonder where I put it...
    edited October 2008
    Just got my X-Fi about 10 minutes ago. All I have to say is that it's a HUGE step up from the onboard audio on my k8n neo 3. I used to get a crackling sound when I put the volume up too high, but now it's completely gone.

oh, and audio is coming out of both speakers now.