Wanted to buy CPU cooling fan

saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
edited October 2008 in Trading Post
I need a cooler (fan) that will work on a Gigabyte X38-DQ6 , a 775 socket CPU. Nothing fancy just something cheap and that will work until I decide what I really want to buy.Unless there is a real good deal on something top end. I am staying w/ air cooling for now.

Comments

• saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
    edited October 2008
    I need a cooler (fan) that will work on a Gigabyte X38-DQ6 , a 775 socket CPU. Nothing fancy just something cheap and that will work until I decide what I really want to buy.Unless there is a real good deal on something top end. I am staying w/ air cooling for now.
    A CPU fan/heatsink combo is what I was trying to say.:o
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    So, you don't have the stock heatsink/fan? If no one here has anything, you might just want to find the stock unit on eBay for about $10. For an off-the-shelf kit cooler, the Intel Socket 775 heatsinks are nice units.
    edited October 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    So, you don't have the stock heatsink/fan? If no one here has anything, you might just want to find the stock unit on eBay for about $10. For an off-the-shelf kit cooler, the Intel Socket 775 heatsinks are nice units.

Got One
    edited October 2008
    You have a stock unit? Or did you find what you were looking for? I don't know what you mean.
    edited October 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    You have a stock unit? Or did you find what you were looking for? I don't know what you mean.

I picked up a Xigatek HDT-D1264 at MicroCenter for $27.99 and it has a $20.00 rebate.
    edited October 2008
    Well done, very well done!