After plenty of deliberation and having already discussed some things with Thrax, I decided I'm going to start working out again. My goal is going to be a bit different than everyone else, since I like to consider myself in fairly decent shape without steady working out (thank you genetics). My goal is pretty simple, get myself back to the shape I was in 2 years ago, trying to become an All-American for Track and Field. I'm a sprinter, it was my world for a long time and its beyond time for me to get back into it.
My goals, starting out, are to be:
- Get back my squat max
- Get back my power clean max
- Run the 55m faster than 6.60s FAT (roughly 6.3 HT)(Indoor)
- run the 100m faster than 11.1s FAT (10.9s HT)
- Run the 200m faster than 23.6s FAT (23.4 HT) indoor and 22.8s FAT (22.6s) outdoor
- Run the 400m faster than 53.0s FAT (51.0 HT) outdoor.
Considering I haven't run a competitive track meet in over 2 years, these are some lofty goals to reach for to start it seems, but I'm pretty quick to recover lost muscle strength and memory.
My goals, as a final "set point" are pretty simple and involve breaking most of the other ones. Specifically I must:
- Run the 55m faster than 6.50s FAT
- Run the 100m faster than 11.0s FAT
- Run the 200m faster than 22.0s FAT
- Run the 400m faster than 50.0s FAT
- Decimate my own personal lifting records
When I get there. Then I'll set new goals. This starts tomorrow morning, bright and early at 5am. So I guess its time to start going to bed sooner.