Attention those who whine about respawns in TF2

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited April 2009 in Team Fortress 2
I think THIS should be REQUIRED READING for playing on the Icrontic TF2 server.

I'm so tired of listening to people whine about respawn and how much it sucks "on this server" like we can just type "respawn less" in the console or something. Respawn is built into the MAPS by the developers, and is mathematically calculated based on a variety of factors.

OMFG THE RESPAWN SUCKS. THIS IS BULLSHIT. :rolleyes:

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=68356

It's built in, and then people change it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I know.

Last night (or maybe Saturday) Keebs and I played on a server with Goldrush low respawn times.. Blue almost CAN'T lose with low respawn. It felt very unbalanced.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    very unbalanced.

qft

original respawn times ftw
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    just dont die.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Attention those who whine about respawns in TF2, die less and things will work themselves out.
    edited October 2008
    "die less" is not really the answer. A player is going to die, and they're going to do it a lot. It's a big part of the game. The thing to realize is that this presents a perfect time to observe your teammates and help devise a strategy (and pick a good class) for your next life. In addition it gives your opponent a reward for eliminating you.

Instant respawn is for deathmatch games, which do not require careful balancing or strategizing.

People who complain about respawn times are probably playing MeFortress2.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Die less is a very good answer. It means playing more cautiously, developing more skill, and playing with more care.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    Die less is a very good answer. It means playing more cautiously, developing more skill, and playing with more care.

Or the other team is stacked and beating your ass :D
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    OMFW THIS SERVER HAS THE WORST RESPAWN TIMES!

Ug...

I've grown to appreciate the stock respawn times. I rarely play on public servers because of it - among other things (annoying newbs are the other big part).

I agree with CB. I use respawn times to observe how the battle is progressing across the map. You can sometimes spot turrets or ambushes in wait. Or enemy spies moving in.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Thrax wrote:
    I agree with you. Someone who just rushes out into the open is going to die a lot. And usually, they are the ones complaining.

Play with more care = Less deaths. Simple as that.

I really don't even pay attention to the time when I die. I actually enjoy watching someone else try to take out a sentry or headshot a heavy. Or blow up into a million pieces.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    UPSWeezer wrote:
    I really don't even pay attention to the time when I die. I actually enjoy watching someone else try to take out a sentry or headshot a heavy. Or blow up into a million pieces.

Q4T

Learn by watching, there is also advantages to watching your teammates. You can see spies and other conditions from the third person. Also you can click to the point cams and see whats going on at the next point/payload. This makes you die less.

Also as it is related to the link but doesn't deserve its own thread... I may be reading to into it but did anyone else notice "Work on the next class pack is gearing up" Gears...Engi... Engi next update? :thumbup I for 1 sure hope Engi is next.

-Bobby
    edited October 2008
    I think you're reading too much into it.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I love the respawn times!!!! Keeps it fair!!!!
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    All I gotta say if people don't like the respawn time then go to another server.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    When respawn time changes you risk the balance of the map. Many times people who complain about respawn don't realize that in many cases the map has separate respawn times for each side. Typically the defense has longer respawns than the attacker due to the inherent advantage of defense (but some people don't understand/use that advantage and promptly get eggrolled, hence the whining). One of the things that did suck was accidental suicides which led to much longer respawn time. Thankfully this was fixed with the "finishing off" stat which I commend Valve on.

If you don't want to worry about respawn times then go play arena. Otherwise learn to enjoy the game or GTFO.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    But seriously, respawns times suck.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Original spawn times is the way to go, There is a reason it was built in nad it works. So I agree with Prime, STFU
  • edited October 2008
    Yeah, maps like 2fort need that spawn delay.
  • AirCanuckAirCanuck London, Ontario New
    edited November 2008
    Attention those who whine about respawns in TF2, die less and things will work themselves out.

stop killing me so much and we have a deal. On a related note, I'm back, recovered from my latest hard drive crash (DELL, FTW!!)

Also, Prime the respawn times suck. Can't you do something about it? :rolleyes:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    * hate *
  • AirCanuckAirCanuck London, Ontario New
    edited December 2008
    hahaha!
    hate? never.
    guess who had MORE problems with their dell? I can't wait till this thing is old enough that I don't feel bad about spending money to replace it.
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited December 2008
    If you dont want to wait in respawn so much then why dont you cover your damn medic. How many times do you cover your medic instead of rushing out and trying to be a one-man team.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Isn't that the name of the game? MeFortress mirite?
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    People protect medics?
    edited December 2008
    no
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    It would be nice though.
  • kless001kless001 Midwest-USA Member
    edited April 2009
    More teamwork is needed for sure in all maps. Pyro suicide rushes will always be in style though, it's still teamwork if a medic decides to enter the fray with them.