Ok, I'm not talking about dieting to lose weight or anything. I've lost a couple over the past month(s) from my initial lack of appetite.
I mean eating healthy. I've been told, for those of you who don't live in IRC, I have been hit hard
with mono. Real hard. 90% of mono cases are the typical few days of high fever, sore throat, and maybe fatigue lasting for ~4 weeks on average. Well, lucky me - I'm the other 10%.
I'm creeping in on the 3 month mark, and while I feel somewhat
better, I still feel far from "healthy"
. I really don't have too much of a problem with fatigue anymore, still not energetic per se, but I'm not draggin ass on a regualr basis.
The main problem I'm still having is swelling in my left neck which is presumably my (lymph nodes?) glads. It has gotten better, but it's severity comes and goes. Some days better than others. It also affects my left ear, making it feel "full" at times, even though a million doctors have told me its fine.
, with that said, I'm trying to clean up my diet to hopefully speed up this ridiculous recovery process. I am already taking enough vitamins everyday to cure virtually any viral disease - vitamin C, E, B-12, B complex, Mangesium, Zinc, Co Q-10, Garlic, Echinachea, L-lysine, Milk Thistle, and Selenium. If I am missing anything by all means let me know.
I have read that a good diet can be just as important and frankly what I am on now is opposite
of a good diet. I've done some research (mono recovery, anti viral diet, etc), and I couldn't really dig up any specifics other than you need to make sure and get in lots of protein and Omega-3s.
Right now my diet is terrible.
Morning: Sausage Biscuit or Taquito + Coffee from Whataburger
Lunch: Hot Pocket or Subway
Evening: something not healty, maybe some tuna if I'm lucky.
What are some suggestions from you guys that got this (eating healthy) down? Ideally I'd like to have 3 normal meals with 2 (healthy) snacks in between to keep my metabalism (and immune system) on its A-game. My main problem is since I work full time I usually don't have much time to prepare a elaborate breakfast/lunch, and the same goes for the inbetween snacks.
As far as the Omega-3's, I was thinking of eating a good portion of Salmon for dinner with a heaping portion of greens. But that still leaves 2 other meals up in the air.
I'm already basically down for the rest of 2008 :sad2: (I've been told 'bad' cases can take 4-6 months), but I'd like to at least start 2009 of healthy. Eating healthy and getting the suggested nutrition can only help... I am hoping.
Let me know what you think plz
ps. The second hardest part is forcing myself to sleep more. I'm used to about 7 hours a night (before I got sick) and I've been told for good recovery I should be getting around 10 hours
. So I'm trying to force myself to go to bed earlier. *moar melatonin plz*