I have to recommend Songbird!!

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited October 2008 in Internet & Media
Lately ive been using songbird as my main MP3/General Audio Player, I have to recommend you all give it a try.

Its one of the best ways to discover and listen to music.

http://getsongbird.com/

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Plus it's a free iTunes replacement if you want to load and manage your iPod.

I pimped this to GQ a while back, wonder if she's tried it out yet.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Tried songbird a while ago. I can't remember what it was, but something about it didn't work and it bothered me. Maybe they've fixed it....Guess I'll give it another go sometime.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I tired it when it was in alpha a while back and I loved where it was going, but being alpha it was entirely too buggy.

I'll give it another whirl when I get around to building my new win box.

:jared:

Still doesn't sync iphones, itouch, or zune though. :\
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2008
    What I don't like about it. Can't rip cd's can't get on iTunes store, can't convert audio types and can't play to remote speakers (or at least couldn't when I tried it). Plus I'm not in anyway annoyed with iTunes so it would be change for the sake of change alone.
    edited October 2008
    kryyst wrote:
    can't play to remote speakers (or at least couldn't when I tried it)

This I'm confused about. No program should have anything to do with how your output devices are set up. All it's doing should be sending audio to whatever output you've designated in your OS.

Anybody else have some they can try with the current version?
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited October 2008
    Let me clarrify that. I have an Airport express that is connected to my stereo. Itunes sees it so when I decide where I want itunes to out put it can either send output to computer, airport express or both. It's a specific itunes thing, I believe there is a Linux audio player that does it too now.
    edited October 2008
    Ah I see. Cool.