Artic Silver 5 & More-Free Shipping

saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
edited October 2008 in Trading Post
Check out this site. VERY limited products however they have free shipping w/no minimum order.I just used them.

http://www.pcviper.net/

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I have no evidence to show that this company/home-store is either good or bad. It does concern me that they are not found in Resellerratings listings. That tells me that this outfit is so new, so it seems, that they have no ratings yet.

I would be hesitant to call something from a store without a record a bargain. At this point, my advice to a potential customer of PCViper (PC Viper?) would be: Purchase at your own risk.

To reiterate - I do not wish to disparage this business, only to point out that this store appears to be unknown or a startup.

Saltydog, just yesterday you linked a lapping kit offer from this business. Part of the item pitch stated that temperatures could be lowered by as much as 40F. To me, that's bordering on a lie, or at least highly misleading.

If you wish to order from these guys, fine. Please report back to us what transpires after the order. I sincerely hope I'm wrong about the bad vibes I'm getting.
  • saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the info about the Resellerratings listings. I did find a couple of reviews on them and they took paypal so I felt pretty good. I received my order today and it was as ordered. So no shipping and I ordered it on 10/27 and reveived on 10/29. I do have to agree that temperature reductions of up to 40 F seems a bit extreme.However when asked if I could use the Lapping kit on a CPU they gave the correct answer and said no.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for the follow up!
  • saltydog806saltydog806 Bowie MD
    edited October 2008
    Any time.