Left 4 Dead

Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
edited June 2009 in Gaming
Alright fellas, who's getting it? who is stoked? and will anybody play the demo with me and Caffran on Thursday the 6th when it comes out for pre-orders?

There is a lot of coverage on this game a huge article by 1up detailing an in depth playthrough
http://left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-pg1

and the videos are on steam right now
http://store.steampowered.com/app/5141/

I can't freaking wait. I think I'm more excited about this than the election being over.

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Half way though that preview and I am already beginning to get excited for it. Curses! I may just have to go ahead and spend more money and preorder it :/
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I am DEFINITELY getting this.

Hopefully it becomes an audible for nighttime gaming to TF2 every once in awhile. I think IC would have a blast playing this together in 4 man groups.

I read somewhere that L4D has already surpassed Oranje Bawks in preorders o.0

Oh yeah, and the demo. I haven't preordered, I typically buy games off store shelves on release date. Not much one for buying digital, or preordering (I have no excuse why, that's just how I am.)

Perhaps I'll change my mind and go for it. I'll let you know.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Space reserved for possible preorder.

Game looks enticing, but I can't help but feel it's more of a mod than anything else. I'm going to look into it more, though.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Remember, TF2 is just a mod too :p;)
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    It looks great, but the pricetag is the only reason I'm not going to be getting it; not yet at any rate :(
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Yeah, I'll get that.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Remember, TF2 is just a mod too :p;)

In its current state, hardly.

When I say mod, I mean it looks like they reskinned HL2 models and slapped a new name on it.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    pre-ordered!
  • CaffranCaffran Kansas City Member
    edited November 2008
    I am really to fight the zombie horde!!!
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited November 2008
    Demo is available for Pre-loading now.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I am definitely getting it. I love survival horror (resident evil, silent hill). I have a feeling this is going to be WICKED :D
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Boo! slow internet! I'll try to check it out Friday night. Check yo' steam friends list!
  • Eleventh-SunEleventh-Sun United States
    edited November 2008
    I've been looking forward to this game for a year now! I'm so excited! Smashin zombies with some friends. It was so lonely playing Dead Rising, but now my friends and I can share the fun.
    edited November 2008
    ArsTechnica's demo impressions.

Now I REALLY want it. Hrmpgh.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I probably won't get the game until Christmas. But what a Christmas it's going to be! Left4Dead, Fallout 3, FarCry2, Rock Band 2. Can't wait!
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I bought and played through the demo and am not disappointed! Perfect timing as I picked up a 4870 last night and now can finally fully appreciate the visuals, amazing...
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Do Want!! Damnit!! Fallout 3, Red Alert 3, now this... I am going to go broke with all these new awesome games!!
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2008
    I'll be getting L4D.
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Pre-order and you can play the demo now
  • Idiot_SlayerIdiot_Slayer Member
    edited November 2008
    God guys the demo is freaking great. It makes me want to play the full version so much. Me and Caffran were playing it today on the hardest setting possible and barely, barely, barley made it through. If we would have fought a Tank instead of a Witch we would have been screwed. An entire campaign on that setting would be damn near impossible.
    edited November 2008
    do want :(
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Cant wait. :eek3:
    Sucks it comes out around exam time....
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I've heard from those playing the demo that it's a VERY intense gameplay experience.

How's the replay though? Does it feel fresh time and time again so far?

Bill FTW.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    It does seem random when the hoards come. But the music starts building just before it. They used the sound perfect to intensify everything. Very intense and more team oriented then TF2. I hopped on and went through the first "scene" with Idiot_slayer and Caff. Sorry I had to leave after that guys.

Been through the one player a few times. The one thing that comes into play a lot is friendly fire. The AI for the survivors has them stepping in front of you as you unload on a swarm of incoming zombies. Online players have a tendency to do this also. Because you can shoot your own team, it makes working together even more important.

I can't wait for the 4 on 4.

-Bobby
    edited November 2008
    The demo is now available on steam for those who haven't commited their finances. http://store.steampowered.com/app/530/
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    It's not really a demo if you have to buy it to get access... :P
    edited November 2008
    edited November 2008
    CB wrote:
    It's not really a demo if you have to buy it to get access... :P

Hence the "now available on steam for those who haven't commited their finances."
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Oh. vague phrase is vague. I thought you meant "for people who have the money available to pay for it."

I didn't know there was a plan to make it a free demo before release... I guess I'll give it a shot, then.
    edited November 2008
    I think it was meant to be a case of preorder and you get early access to the demo instead of LOLBUYDEMONOW, although that seems to be how it turned out :tongue: