Editing Video (xvid) Meta Tag

BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
edited November 2008 in Internet & Media
Hi All,

I've got a bit of a conundrum that I've been unable to solve. I also haven't been able to find the right search terms to google in order lead me to a solution.

I created a few xvid files from a TV show that I own so I can stream them to my Xbox. When I ripped them, I gave the movie titles very generic names. Now I'm going back and editing the file names to better reflect the name of the show, the season and episode as well as the title. That was no problem.

The problem is the meta tag embedded in the video. The embedded title has retained the name of the original file which was created. I've tried a one program, abc something, but that didn't work. I haven't been able to find any other solutions. I can deal with it, but it just doesn't look pretty on my Xbox.

Oh powerful Icrontic, hear my pleas for assistance! :respect:

B

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    GSpot.
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I tried it. No luck. I had no clue what I was doing or where the setting I needed was. I used another program to change the title, and the title tag is now correct. Media Player and my Xbox still show the original file name. Argh! I may just have to re-rip the DVDs.