If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Ryder's Unfattening Fitness Popular Adventure

RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
edited Jan 2009 in Fitness
Was not sure how the naming scheme here was supposed go.. so I hope I covered all bases ;D :buck:

I have kept mostly quiet on this subject since late last year, mostly due to a complete failure on my part after Oktoberfest 2007. I had started a workout regimen 13 or so weeks prior to that event and was beginning to reap the rewards. Upon returning from Oktoberfest, I completely stopped working out, why? That question is still unanswered.

Fast forward to August 2008, I have had enough!! I was going to do this right and I was going to make it stick, come hell or high water.

I am currently 15 weeks in come Wednesday. I have lost 23 lbs and a little over 3 inches off my waist.

Workout is split between cardio and weights, 5 days a week. 2 days of cardio and 3 on weights. Up until today, weights consisted of nothing but pushups, situps, and other excercises with dumbells that I did at home. Cardio was all done on the treadmill.
Today I joined a gym because I want to be able to build on my weight program more than working out at home can do. I mean, I was doing pushups with weight on my back, situps with weight on my chest, there was just no more I could gain.

I set my starting points today as follows:

Bench Press - 3x8 @ 145lbs
Leg Press - 3x8 @ 250bs
Incline situps - 3x8 @ 25lbs
Barbell Curl - 8/7/7 @ 70lbs
Lat Pull downs - 3x8 @ 105lbs
Seated Hamstring Curl - 3x8 @ 135lbs
Seated Leg Extension - 3x8 @ 150lbs (I think)
Seated Fly - 3x8 @ 50lbs
Barbell Row - 3x8 @ 95lbs
Squat was a failure :rolleyes:

I want to add more, I was a little pressed for time today and the gym was quite active. I look forward to most of my workouts having the place more to myself.

I want to say a HUGE thank you to IC's favorite Guru of everything: Thrax
Motivation, advice, proper diet, he has helped with all of it.

See ya at the Gym !!

Comments

• ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Dec 2008
    Keep on keepin' on, man. :) If you stall, keep at it. If you get off the cart, jump back on. Don't let a day or a week throw you.

You've made awesome progress so far, keep it up!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited Dec 2008
    Awesome progress, Eric!
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited Dec 2008
    I am currently 15 weeks in come Wednesday. I have lost 23 lbs and a little over 3 inches off my waist.

Hot damn. Keep up the good work. ^_^

Great leg workout btw!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited Jan 2009
    Ok..almost 4 weeks.. so time to update. Friday is a good day to do this, since I just finished my first week of a new routine.
    Not a lot of change on the weight and waist... but my Cardio has suffered lately.. haven't been in 2 weeks.. failboat. No gains though.. my weight has not gone up (it did go down a little).

Monday:
    Pullups: 1 word here.. I FAIL at this. Working on Negative pullups until I can do some.
    Barbell Curl: 3x10 @ 75lbs
    Deadlift: 3x8 @ 190lbs (50lbs from my first set of this with Thrax in Royal Oak)
    Dumbell Curl: 3x12 (6 on each arm) @ 35lbs (need a 37.5 set of DB's, 40 just won't happen)
    Incline Situp: 3x8 @ 35lbs on my chest (+10)
    Lat Pulldowns: 3x10 @ 105lbs
    Barbell Row: 3x8 @ 105lbs (+15)

Wednesday:
    Flat Bench: 3x8 @ 165lbs (+20)
    Ab Curls (Machine based): 3x10 @ 110lbs
    Decline Bench: 3x8 @ 100lbs (2 x 50 DB's)
    Dips: 3x8 @ 150lbs (Dip machine, no Body Weight dips yet)
    Incline Bench: 3x8 @ 95lbs
    Skullcrushers: 3x8 @ 45lbs

Friday:
    Squats: 3x8 @ 165lbs (+40)
    Barbell Shoulder Press: 3x8 @ 85lbs
    Leg Press: 3x8 @ 340lbs (adjusted to include static weight of machine, 1st post edited)
    Plank: 2x60 (seconds)
    Hamstring Curls: 3x10 @ 195lbs
    Lateral Dumbell Raise: 3x10 @ 20lbs
    Calf Raises: 3x8 @ 100lbs.