Rounded Cables. Which do you prefer?

ginipigginipig OH, NOES
edited December 2003 in Hardware
I'm planning on getting 2x37g Raptors and 2x120gb JB's in the near future. I thought that it'd be wise to clean up my case, considering the many cables that will soon be in place.

I was wondering which brands of rounded cables for ata100/133,sata do you guys recommend? I'll be using a raid controller, so the distance from the drives to the Highpoint won't be much.

Also, I'm planning on getting some rounded cables to hook up my Cd-rw+Dvd drive, and quite possibly a decent dvd-rw drive.

Any suggestions welcome

ps:
:werr: <--- I've always wanted to know what this smiley meant.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    It's constipated (the smiley)

You won't need rounded cables for SATA, they are already nice and small. For the ata cables, I've just used the generic kind...never really looked for any special kind
  • ginipigginipig OH, NOES
    edited December 2003
    :D

I thought it was 'constipated.' But, when I entered it in, it's title was 'werr.'

Back on topic:

Are your cables long, or are they similar in length to the cables provided with your mobo?
    edited December 2003
    they're about the same length...you can get different sizes tho (SVC.com has several sizes)
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited December 2003
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I have been using the 10" single device cables from SVC for a long time. And I agrre that for the Raptors you will just be using SATA cables that are so small they make round IDE cables look huge.
  • ginipigginipig OH, NOES
    edited December 2003
    Hmm, 4x Blue 10" SVC cables may just do the trick.

Are they are reputable company in terms of service + shipment?
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    You will not need round cables or any kind of ATA cables for the Raptors since they are SATA. Thet take cables that look like this.svcompucycle_1773_3504587

I have been useing SVC for years. ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I wish I could find 6" rounded, single-device PATA cables.
    edited December 2003
    mtgoat wrote:
    You will not need round cables or any kind of ATA cables for the Raptors since they are SATA. Thet take cables that look like this.svcompucycle_1773_3504587

I have been useing SVC for years. ;)

also, some will most likely come with the drives, or you should have gotten some with the mobo.