New PC oc

edited January 2009 in Hardware
I decided and put up a new pc . here are the specs.

Thermaltake armor LCS.
Asus p5q pro
Msi Radeon 4850
OCZ ddr2-800mhz 2x2gb
Thermaltake toughpower 750w sli certified
Raptor 74gb 10k rpm
Intel E8400

How much do you think i can push it?

On stock the cpu runs at 25c

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    3600MHz is a safe bet. 400MHz 1:1 synchronized bus with the 8400's default 9x multiplier should get you there.

The chip could probably do 4GHz without breaking a sweat, but you're a bit limited by your DRAM only being DDR2-800.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    What cooling are you using?
  • edited January 2009
    As i stated above i am using the Thermaltake Armor LCS. i am using Liquid Cooling System that is embeded on the case. looks similar to the thermaltake bigwater but with double radiator , bigger pump and bigger tubes.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2009
    Nice case. Should be a real fast system.
  • edited January 2009
    yeah. Its actually pretty fast without ocing it. I wont oc the pc right now as i like to let it work at stock for some time. But when i do i wanted to know how much it would be safe
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Oh gotcha. I saw Tt Armour and thought it was just the case. Forgot they did liquid cooling as an option.

Safety is going to be determined by a combination of voltage and temps. You should be able to keep your vCore under 1.4v and your temps under 55C and be bulletproof.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2009
    Since my very first pc build, I've overclocked them before I've even install an os lol. I usually have found a safe overclock in my research by the time the components arrive. I don't give much credence to the burn in theory,