What now, bitches?

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Who are we challenging?
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Apparently FiringSquad: http://twitter.com/primesuspect/status/1151046220

...but I heard they might be having a knitting party instead. Maybe they can make my sentry a cute cozy?
    edited January 2009
    also, they said you all look like dorks

"NO THEY LOOK LIKE DORKS"
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Awww man.. Get ready

it's on!
    edited January 2009
    (1:01:53 PM) Brian Ambrozy: lol i was banned as a spammer
    (1:03:04 PM) GTalk Dan: lol wtf
    (1:03:09 PM) GTalk Dan: decks
    (1:03:14 PM) GTalk Dan: they're just afraid
    (1:03:32 PM) Brian Ambrozy: hells yus
    edited January 2009
    Bwahahahah they banned me... ;D

Nubs! :D
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    But they left links up?
  • edited January 2009
    NiGHTS wrote:
    I was in Vegas a few weeks ago, at a suite party, trying to get some srz bzns done, and I ran into this guy named Tom Colarusso. He was wearing a TF2 Pyro shirt. Now, regardless of the fact that he was dressed inappropriately for a swank party, I decided to approach him and make known that wearing a Pyro shirt in front of a bunch of my boys was akin to wearing red in Crips territory.

Short of launching into a Warriors-style free-for-all, we opted to take the battle online. Strong Words were spoken. Challenges were issued. The Icrontians rose up to the call of arms, and now we are publically calling you FiringSquad punks out. Bring it. Bring it to Dustbowl. Bring it to Gold Rush. Bring it to Badwater Basin. We're ready.

I'm calling out you personally, Dr. The Toolbag Colarusso. Put on your Pyro shirt, wipe the cheeto dust off your upper lip, and meet me in the game.

Do you guys even have your own server? It's okay, you can use ours.16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

So, get your "best" players together, and feel free to embarass yourselves in various ways.

Bring it 16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Wow, get laid much?

I don't know who you think FS is, but TF2 players we generally are *not*. We're the forums for a tech website, about half the people there are old enough to be your father, and we rarely coordinate even our own multiplayer games... so yeah, I think most of us saw your "challenge" and met it with a laconic *yawn* Might want to research who you try to throw down with, cause if I chiseled a Pyro into the Lincoln Memorial you'd probably get your panties in a bunch and try to throw down with ol' Abe.
    edited January 2009
    ;D
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Old enough to be his father? I doubt that, we are not a bunch of kids over here.. hahahaha.

This is good though, Welcome to IC.
    edited January 2009
    I mean... your brand name tagline says "home of the hardcore gamer"... forgive one for assuming :p

fs_gamer.gif

Speaking of research, that was me that posted - not NiGHTS.

Oh you have no idea! I would SO throw down with Lincoln!

Welcome to Icrontic, DP. You'll find that we are ALSO a hardcore tech community, our median age is between 25 and 34, and we are about the friendliest bunch of tech enthusiasts you'll find on the web.

:)
    edited January 2009
    I *am* old enough to be my father

wait wut
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    If Abe wore a pyro shirt, it'd be on like Donkey Kong, or Michelle Kwan, or Charles Bronson.
    edited January 2009
    picture.php?albumid=30&pictureid=162
    Pump 'ya brakes, kid.

If you're not ready to handle us, that's fine, but no need to come here and make a fool of yourself in the process. It's a shame your community doesn't game together, it's certainly made ours stronger. Once we've rung out you boys (er, sorry, 'old men') in a TF2 match, maybe you'll come around and warm up to the idea.

...seriously, though, I think you've got the wrong impression here - this is in good fun.
  • edited January 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    If Abe wore a pyro shirt, it'd be on like Donkey Kong, or Michelle Kwan, or Charles Bronson.
    In any case, that Tom character is FS staff, and FS is based in Vegas. Might wanna talk to them :-) And yeah, all in good fun.
    edited January 2009
    So does that mean you'll come play DP?
  • FS-Samuel71FS-Samuel71 Ontario, Canada
    edited January 2009
    I think there are about two regulars on the FiringSquad forums that you could really call hardcore gamers. The rest of us are mostly just tweakers, overclockers, system builders, and computer geeks who enjoy a bit of gaming too. :)

That said, I'd love to play some TF2, but sadly I am attempting to RMA my video card at the moment (no bullshit).
    edited January 2009
    Wow, well that was a big misunderstanding on my part then. I was operating under the assumption that FiringSquad was "home of the hardcore gamer" ;) Either way, we're a big friendly bunch of adults who would love to play you guys in TF2 some day. Get a team going, it'll be great :)
    edited January 2009
    edited January 2009
    RMA. That's convenient. ;)

Come play with us when you get a new card.
    edited January 2009
    PS: My dad is 62 :p
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I think there are about two regulars on the FiringSquad forums that you could really call hardcore gamers. The rest of us are mostly just tweakers, overclockers, system builders, and computer geeks who enjoy a bit of gaming too.

Ditto for us. Can we file this as your admission that Icrontic is better at it?!
    edited January 2009
    You guys can all add me on Steam if you want.
    edited January 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    Can we file this as your admission that Icrontic is better at it?!
    Absolutely not. ;)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    ;D that's the spirit. Welcome to Icrontic, by the way! This will be a good relationship.

//EDIT: Party foul! I just got banned from FS too! TOM COLARUSSO, I BLAME YOU. CES '010, FIST FIGHTS AT THE TOP OF THE STRATOSPHERE.

//EDIT 2: Unbanned! I don't know if I can handle this emotional roller coaster.
    edited January 2009
    You guys can all add me on Steam if you want.

Added, looking forward to gaming with you soon. :)
    edited January 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    //EDIT: Party foul! I just got banned from FS too! TOM COLARUSSO, I BLAME YOU. CES '010, FIST FIGHTS AT THE TOP OF THE STRATOSPHERE.

I recommend a dramatic score for this endeavor
    edited January 2009
  • edited January 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    So does that mean you'll come play DP?
    primesuspect wrote:
    We used to bother commenting and replying. Now we just delete and move on. Luckily, we have a pretty big forum staff to handle that, plus pretty damned good filtering on the registration side of things. Spam is no longer an issue at IC.

I'd be happy to join you on TF2. I was a pretty damn good Spy for a while, but I haven't played more than an hour over the past year so I can't say I'm any good any more. Look up "IKK|infamous" on the Steam group. Look me up on Steam and we'll talk.
    Hit me up, I'm always looking for some casual TF2 fun :-)