Any Locks out there?

DareDare SD
edited January 2009 in Gaming
As frustrated as I am while attempting to PVP in WoW Currently?
Just randomly curious. ^_^ :D

My gear sucks still, though I can top 3.5k dps in 25 mans, and I'll be doing alot of those till I can afford my PVP gear from Emblems of Valor. I'm certainly not going to be able to get them with the Arena Ranking requirement.

Frustrating dying in one shot every time, and lock port... what a joke. Bleh.

Anyways. Just new and bsing.

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Not sure how locks are fairing in WotLK, but I've always felt that they were a strong class, even bordering on overpowered most days (had a college roommate who dominated as a lock). So you're probably not gonna get much class sympathy over here :P
  • DareDare SD
    edited January 2009
    pragtastic wrote:
    Not sure how locks are fairing in WotLK, but I've always felt that they were a strong class, even bordering on overpowered most days (had a college roommate who dominated as a lock). So you're probably not gonna get much class sympathy over here :P

Heh, So I've been told. Made my first account day of WOTLK, in a month I was 80. XD

So far my lock PVP experience at 80 is
    /cant do that while stunned
    /cant do that while stunned
    /target is immune to fear
    /reroll you idiot

XD

And my few attempts at arena mockup games were a joke. I was instantly dead, every time. Was never able to do a single thing.

Everyone keeps telling me locks once rocked. I apparently picked a bad time to try WoW and a bad class to play. :bigggrin:

And Yar, Im aware PVP gear makes a difference, but I armoried alot of the people who curb stomped me in Arena's each time, and they were in similiar PVE gear.

Locks may have once been OP, and in PVE if played right we can still pull top DPS with affliction, and destro got a recent boost to DPS as well, giving us more high end DPS builds to select from, but PVP locks are worthless now.

Last I looked at the top 100 arena, there were two locks, the highest was in the 80's and falling fast. XD

...shoulda rolled a pally. XD
  • edited January 2009
    PvP is currently not set up for any forgiveness for cloth classes. This can be due to a couple of things. Most top team setups are mixing some pvp gear for resil with the top pve epics in the game and are just getting massive numbers with melee. Also, arena is all around out of balance currently, but once S2 starts it should get somewhat better. Ever since they changed the mechanics of fear in patch 2.4? locks have been getting less and less powerful in arena. You can still rock in AV just with SOC though : )
  • DareDare SD
    edited January 2009
    cambrose wrote:
    PvP is currently not set up for any forgiveness for cloth classes. This can be due to a couple of things. Most top team setups are mixing some pvp gear for resil with the top pve epics in the game and are just getting massive numbers with melee. Also, arena is all around out of balance currently, but once S2 starts it should get somewhat better. Ever since they changed the mechanics of fear in patch 2.4? locks have been getting less and less powerful in arena. You can still rock in AV just with SOC though : )

That part is true, I can tear it up on BG's, without half trying. Just throw dots on everything that moves and when they die I get it counted as a kill for me, but thats not really my sorta PVP. I live for the head to head challenges, instead of just random people running around honor farming. BG's are a ton of fun if you go with some buddies, but as I started WoW without knowing anyone on the server, I was sorta effed in that regard. XD

And I've noticed that, the burst damage from melee and most casters is just insane. Mages have a better shot at surviving for a second or two longer, and have alot more instant burst damage to fling before they go, but they are still pretty effed too.

What suprises me is I've seen shadowpriests over and over living through stuff that should take down a dang pally. I think alot of it had to do with player skill in that regard though, and knowing exactly what they were doing, plus mixing resill and stam perfectly on PVP gear. Cant figure out how else it could have been done.

I hear in the upcomming patch, ALOT of work will be done to the PVP setup of most classes, you know anything about that? Just randomly curious. I like to learn, and since I'd only played WoW for 2 months, I still have some to learn in that game, but its not a particularily complex game after EQ. XD