If geeks love it, we’re on it

Howdy, Stranger!

You found the friendliest gaming & tech geeks around. Say hello!

Ghostbusters 2016

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited Aug 2016 in The Pub
there has been speculation and even talk from the original Ghost buster crew about a 3rd installment, Where the original guys would be involved but training replacements, Thoughts? And no its not the Game its a actual movie

I am shocked but interested!

Comments

• NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited Feb 2009
    If it's anything like Indiana Jones 4, I'd rather hang myself by the testicles from a fourth story window.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited Feb 2009
    How much you wanna bet Shia LaBeouf ruins this one too?
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited Feb 2009
    ill put 50 on the fact they stay away from big names
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Feb 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    How much you wanna bet Shia LaBeouf ruins this one too?

No, it's cool, nuclear refrigerators, fleetingly magnetic psychic skulls and Tarzan make every movie better.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited Feb 2009
    You all are lose. And from what I hear they're bringing back the original cast, as much as possible anyway.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited Feb 2009
    I thought this was shot down over and over again. The boys did the voices for the video game, and that's gonna be about the end for Ghostbusters franchise (with the original actors, anyway).
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited Feb 2009
    I'll hope for the best and expect the worse as I sit down in the theater with my tub of popcorn and ticket in hand.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited Feb 2009
    w00t~!!! Here come the SPACE GHOSTS!!!

(FROM HELL)

Turns out it was really, really good. I loved the new movie. Seen it three times in the theater so far.

Also, it's an important movie for a few reasons.

Regardless, if the feminist angle doesn't get you in the door, it's still a great comedy filled with lots of unexpected laughs. I enjoyed it greatly.

LincardichokeGHoosdumGnomeQueen
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Aug 2016

I absolutely cried during "the moment" while thinking about how excited I will be to share it with my daughters one day. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one.

And FWIW I had absolutely no intention to see it in the theaters because of all the negative shit said about it from The Internet Hate Machine. But once people started talking about it on FB and giving it glowing reviews I changed my mind. In hindsight I'm really disappointed that I talked myself out of it for so long.

Lincprimesuspectardichoke
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Not as tall as Bobby Tallbeer. Twilight Sparkle is overrated. Meechigan Icrontian

The hate machine was so wrong. I loved every single moment of this movie. It was put together so well and acted so wonderfully.

Paul Feig is very rapidly becoming one of my favorite people. We need more movies putting wickedly funny women without the need for male "heroes" being put in front of audiences, and he's doing a bang-up job. The fact that he's from Royal Oak is just a bonus.

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian

HOLTZMAN 4 LYFE

ardichoke
  • FettBaconFettBacon Viscount Icrontian

My only gripe with the movie is some of the action scenes weren't that well choreographed, everything else was really well done and it is still an amazing movie. I'm also now half sure @PinkInDetroit leads a secret second life hunting ghosts in NY.

Is she putting those on Redbubble? They'd make great stickers or phone cases.

ardichoke
  • Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited Aug 2016

So, on a scale of 1- 10 is it worth seeing? Because I kind of have a boycott on anything Melissa McCarthy until such time as she gives up the delusion she apparently has of thinking she is actually any kind of funny. Is it worth breaking it?

• ardichokeardichoke Buttes Master B Lansing, MI Icrontian
    edited Aug 2016

It is most definitely worth seeing. Unless you go into it carrying a bunch of baggage about the actresses and how they should be allowed to perceive themselves.

Or unless you're an MRA. Because they seem to hate everything that doesn't objectify women.

• AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited Aug 2016

@Creeperbane2 said:
    So, on a scale of 1- 10 is it worth seeing? Because I kind of have a boycott on anything Melissa McCarthy until such time as she gives up the delusion she apparently has of thinking she is actually any kind of funny. Is it worth breaking it?

I am also not usually a Melissa McCarthy fan. Some people complain about her role in this movie because it's not her typical "way off the deep-end gross out" role and therefore they're "not using her properly" but that's the only reason I liked her in this movie. She's tame, give it a shot.

• Creeperbane2Creeperbane2 Victorian Scoundrel Indianapolis, IN Icrontian
    edited Aug 2016

@ardichoke said:
    It is most definitely worth seeing. Unless you go into it carrying a bunch of baggage about the actresses and how they should be allowed to perceive themselves.

Or unless you're an MRA. Because they seem to hate everything that doesn't objectify women.

Nope, just seemed pander-y and slapstick-y from the trailer. @Annes Sounds good, going to have to give it a look.

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian

Holtzmann was hilarious.

GnomeQueen
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Pokémaster, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited Aug 2016

The trailers for this movie were so so so so bad, stringing together 3 minutes of the low-effort Bridesmaids-style slapstick/oneliner/sardonic humor that's so popular in Hollywood today. I'm pleasantly surprised to see Ghostbusters fans praise it. Maybe I'll go see it after all.

• SignalSignal Icrontian

My parents can quote the entire 1st and 2nd ghostbuster movies. That's how much I watched them as a kid. I was excited about this from the beginning. The trailers didn't phase me because all trailers nowadays don't represent the movie, they're just some random lines from the movie that usually has little to do with the plot and often they are done before production has wrapped so some bits aren't in the movie. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was Bill Murray's cameo. Other than that I loved it.

edited Aug 2016

I thought the cameos were great... all of them.... especially Weaver's.

Safety lights are for dudes.

• PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    Is she putting those on Redbubble? They'd make great stickers or phone cases.

Oh, yeah, done. Did that before we left on vacation. Sold quite a few!

YOU JUST GOT HOLTZMANN'D BABY!

GnomeQueen

If only there were some... way... to put a "hyperlink" to some content for people to "click" on...

GnomeQueenardichoke

Found it. Seriously, someone should really figure out a way to make text that you can interact with to take you to another web location.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/pinkpummelher?ref=artist_title_name

• PinkInDetroitPinkInDetroit Brian's (actual) Waifu Detroit, MI Icrontian

@primesuspect said:
    If only there were some... way... to put a "hyperlink" to some content for people to "click" on...

I just wanted to rub it into jackie's face and not make it easy on her. Darn you for foiling my plans!

@PinkInDetroit said:

@primesuspect said:

I just wanted to rub it into jackie's face and not make it easy on her. Darn you for foiling my plans!

I found it hours ago. It wasn't hard. #Librarian

WagsFTW
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian

@GnomeQueen said:
    I found it hours ago. It wasn't hard.

That's what she said.

PinkInDetroitWagsFTWZanthianardichoke