possible suggestion?

DonutDonut Maine New
edited March 2009 in Community
Is there any way, after a thread has been moved, to remove it from the main page? Maybe after a couple of days or something?

IMO, it looks "cluttered". The transaction is on record in the "completed trades" section already. If you were looking for that particular item your not going to get it as it has already sold or been pulled.

Just an observation on my part, maybe someone can enlighten me.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    You mean remove it from Hot Discussions? Done.

It was accidental that they were in there. The "Completed Trades" forum used to be something else like "Benchmarks" or something, which is why it was still on the list of forums to pull from. (Aside: I tend to empty and hide forums that aren't used any more and re-purpose them later. I'm just weird like that.)

Also, site suggestions are better in About Icrontic as I will see them there ;) Buddy J was kind enough to highlight this for me since I don't trade. Moved it over.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited March 2009
    As far as removing it from "hot discussions", I didn't know DDTP posts were visible there.

I thought I had posted in the right place as my suggestion was geared toward the DDTP. I just figured if it was a bad idea someone would chime in and tell me "why". If the idea wasn't too bad it would get kicked up the food chain.

Thanks for looking
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Donut meant removing them from the actual DDTP page, as moved threads remain visible there, just with a demarcation that they've been moved. I think that's the part he was wondering if we could shorten, since they're done and gone.
    edited March 2009
    Ohh, you're talking about the redirects left from moved threads. Sorry, I wasn't sure what you were referring to. I'll ask Leo to set the redirects to time out quicker from now on - they disappear after a month right now.
    edited March 2009
    Leo reports he usually sets the redirects to expire in two weeks. :) I just did a quick cleanup of ones that slipped by.
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited March 2009
    I didn't know there was a time set on the re-directs.