RAID Installation after Win2k3 Install

phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
edited March 2009 in Hardware
I've seen some stuff on this subject out on the interweb but really want to hear it from a source I trust considering that I'd like to minimize headache on this one.

I had a scare two days ago with a strange hard drive unbootable error on my win2k3 server. I REALLY don't feel like doing some disaster recovery (it is only my house, however :) so not that big of a deal). I've decided RAID1 would make me feel just a bit better right now. So, obiously the installation's already there and running as a DC with AD. Anyway I can get RAID1 going without a reinstall maybe with some kind of disk clone with acronis true image? If a reinstall is necessary is there a way to do it smoothly?

as usual:

thanks
phu

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Why don't you just get an external HJD and do regular backups? That is a much easier solution. Then if you want to go RAID1 you will already have all your data safe and secure.
  • phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
    edited March 2009
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    Why don't you just get an external HJD and do regular backups? That is a much easier solution. Then if you want to go RAID1 you will already have all your data safe and secure.

I do
  • phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
    edited March 2009
    So... anybody know the answer to my question?