Spring server drive

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited April 2009 in Team Fortress 2
Yup, the generous people's money has run dry. We pay $57.85 a month for Left 4 Dead, TF2, and Vent.

If you use any of these services, and have never donated money, you should feel bad. Other people's generosity has paid for you to play.

It doesn't take much; chip in $5. It's less than you spend at subway or mcdonald's. :mean:

Chip in $10, $20, $50, $2, I don't care. Just chip in, or the servers go bye-bye

Thanks!

Comments

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    They won't go bye bye tonight.......

Who's next?
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Next!

...eff.

Paypal sucks so bad. Guess I'll be next in a week once funds are approved :/
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    There's a couple months.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Throwing a bit into the pot.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I don't play, but far be it from me to let my fellow Icrontians suffer. $20 donated.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I already donated 38 cents to Brian the other day... you guys want more. ;D
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I threw in.
    edited April 2009
    Threw in... need to re-install and play again. It's been almost 3 months. :(
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    We've got 3 months now! Thanks guys! Keep it up!
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    In like Flynn's shin when he skims pins outta bins and wins some tin from Iowa State's Dr. Lin.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I chipped in a month. I guess I should actually start playing TF2 and L4D. I have them, but have never even played them, lol!
    edited April 2009
    Many thanks to those of you that don't play :D:thumbsup:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, it's sad that those who don't play have to cover those that do and don't chip in once in a while :(

Anyways, thank you to all who have chipped in so far!
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Many thanks to those of you that don't play :D:thumbsup:

+ $20.00 for you guys.

and have a cold one for me too !!

Scott
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Prime,
    In-chipped again for Rex and I. Thanks for the reminder and for providing a great place to game and hang out. I probably missed the info in the forum somewhere, but I have a couple questions...

Could I get the Ventrilo login info?

For those that chip in, would we be able to get the admin info? I play lots of L4d and it would be nice to setup coop expert and versus on the IC server.

BTW, what WoW server are you guys playing on? Rex and I are starting some new toons and would be interested in joining if there is still spots.

Jeff (Preacher) and Luc (Rexxar)
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Preacher wrote:
    Prime,
    Could I get the Ventrilo login info?

For those that chip in, would we be able to get the admin info? I play lots of L4d and it would be nice to setup coop expert and versus on the IC server.

BTW, what WoW server are you guys playing on? Rex and I are starting some new toons and would be interested in joining if there is still spots.

Jeff (Preacher) and Luc (Rexxar)

Vent: http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=674158&postcount=102

L4D: You don't need the admin info to get onto the server. There is a way to get in just with the IP. Let me check to make sure it still works, and then I'll get back to you.

WoW: http://icrontic.com/forum/showpost.php?p=668226&postcount=1
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Thanks Preacher and scott!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the info, Ti. Now the IC L4D server needs to STOP crashing! It died three times last night.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I pitched in some cash.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I will have to hit the servers, Don't have L4D yet, and never been a really big TF2 fan for some strange reason (though a server amongst friends might remedy that)

A well run gaming server can be a really big opportunity to recruit new folks to the community to help Icrontic as well. If you look around online there are a few clan based sites generating a load of internet traffic, so when you meet new players, take the time to introduce them to Icrontic.com. Historicly I find that internet gamers are dieing to find a place where they "fit in", may as well invite them back to the main site, build the name, generate traffic, and eventualy the cost of the game servers realy pays off in promotion if you do it right.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    We've made a ton of converts through TF2, actually. The UPS clan were actually absorbed by IC right near the beginning, eh Lynx?
    edited April 2009
    We have done rather well grabbing folks from TF2 and made them active members of Icrontic. The UPS clan just to name a few. We try to keep the same mantra in game as we do on the site... be friendly and welcome everyone... well, except for the fragging them part, that's just in the game. ;D
    edited April 2009
    I believe 4-5 people in this thread alone have come from tf2 with another 15-20 hanging around too.
    edited April 2009
    I believe 4-5 people in this thread alone have come from tf2 with another 15-20 hanging around too.
    Yea, like you :D
    edited April 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Yea, like you :D

I was technically around well before tf2...I just, you know, never said or read anything :D
    edited April 2009
    I was technically around well before tf2...I just, you know, never said or read anything :D
    Really... I guess that is why I noticed you after TF2 got rolling, because you actually posted ;D
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    We've made a ton of converts through TF2, actually. The UPS clan were actually absorbed by IC right near the beginning, eh Lynx?
    I speak for Lynx when I say "No!"
  • the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'd be much happier about committing to the server fund if I could get some commitment to a regular gaming schedule.

I'd love to play more often, but I'm not always sitting at my machine watching IRC waiting for 3 people to say 'TF2?' and then playing a round and a half 4 vs 4 with some public players.

We have a strict, set schedule for D&D, and I'd be more than happy to do the legwork on getting a community-approved gaming schedule on the IC Google and/or Facebook calendars.

I'd even lean more towards the Facebook calendar to facilitate us to invite non-ICers to the community. I've suggested this a few times in the last few weeks and have been completely ignored, so I hope I've been coming across as trying to be helpful with (what I think) is a good idea.

edit: if there's some argument against this, please let me know.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Though I'm typically too busy to play games on a regular basis at the moment, I'd agree with TT to set up a TF2 day. If we did that, we could probably get Hitman back into a regular routine of playing, and I know I'd be more likely to play if I can 'expect' to have a certain chunk of my day cut out for it.

And also, NO.

UPS is it's own thing, there is no merger. We're too stubborn to let you guys absorb us! We've been gaming together for over a decade now, can't stop that kind of legacy!

But we do appreciate you guys putting up with us. We're just generally assumed to be associated at this point as clans go, and we're OK with that.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'll chip in money once i see how much i end up having to pay for all my assorted medical bills :(