EpIC 2009 carpooling thread

the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1Indy Icrontian
edited May 2009 in Community
meh, I'll organize it.

Carpooling map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=40.84706,-95.185547&spn=33.029035,55.458984&z=4&msid=104786093122144704283.000468c6d908e90b537f5

Post in this thread and I'll add you in:
  • Nearest intersection to your house (please don't post your direct address, stalkers)
  • If you can drive, and if so, what car you've got (so we can choose the ones with better mileage, if needed) and how many people it can hold.
  • When is the earliest time you can leave.

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    me:
    • Mill Road and Army Trail Road, Addison, IL
    • Can drive, Golf TDI, 3(4 uncomfortable) passengers + bags
    • Tuesday 6:00pm
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    NOW you can leave early. ;D Maybe next year.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'm pretty sure other people can't add to someone else's map.
    edited April 2009
    Lincoln wrote:
    I'm pretty sure other people can't add to someone else's map.

They can't. Editied first post to make it more clear: "Post in this thread and I'll add you in:"
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Mid Town Rd and County Road M, Madison, WI

Will be driving, Scion tC, fits 3+bags if necessary

I'll be leaving to get there ridiculously early, so unless you want to leave Friday night or Saturday, I don't imagine many will be riding with me. Still, it's out there. Going through Chicago, etc.
    edited May 2009
    snark added
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Will be driving, Scion tC, fits 3+bags if necessary

And by "if necessary" he means "if you don't mind being covered with your own stuff and being unable to breath. Do you remember how crowded it was with just the two of us last year, Snark?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Mebbe if you hadn't brought so much shiz.... :p

Plus, no dog this year. Good times.
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:

Plus, no dog this year. Good times.

;D
    edited May 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    They are attached... she cannot help it that mother nature blessed her. :D
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Gnome Queen,
    Gratz on those blessings from Mother Nature. Regardless, anyone living in the DC/MD/VA area is welcome to carpool with Rex and I.

* Nearest intersection to your house:
    Tuckerman Lane and Seven Locks Road, Potomac, MD

* If you can drive, and if so, what car you've got (so we can choose the ones with better mileage, if needed) and how many people it can hold:
    My plan is to leave on the morning of Tuesday, June 23rd. It looks like about a 9 hour drive, so we'd get there that evening. I would like to drive a Mustang (3+bags), but if needed, I can get an Expedition (5-6+bags).

* When is the earliest time you can leave.
    Tuesday morning
    edited May 2009
    Champaign, IL. Intersection, University and Lincoln.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I most likely will be needing a ride from Grand Rapids MI. Main problem is that I'm graduating the 23rd.... so time is tight. Its possible I can get a card, but with the graduation its going to be rough figuring out logistics.

Any chance someone will be going through Grand Rapids on their way to the lan?
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I figured out a way to make it! All I need is a ride. I am in Tallahassee and will drive anywhere within 5 hours (one tank of gas) to meet up and ride up with someone.

PLS!
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    pf,
    you are welcome to carpool with me and Rex, but MD is way more than 5 hours from Tallahassee.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Yeah, MD would be about 4 hours short of driving straight to ICHQ from my house.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    If anybody from the Chicago crew could pick me up at O'Hare I could use my JetBlue voucher and make it to EPIC.
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    U can take a train from Chicago to Detroit if your computer is a laptop / easily moveable.
    edited May 2009
    Technocrat will be driving. Check with him...
    edited May 2009
    I might be able to swing through the city and get you, but yea, TT might be easier.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Kwitko wrote:
    If anybody from the Chicago crew could pick me up at O'Hare I could use my JetBlue voucher and make it to EPIC.

Can you not get a flight to Detroit for your voucher? Seems as if you'd be passing over Detroit on your way to Chicago, but I do know airline pricing is screwy... It's only $59/each way from Orlando-Detoit... :D
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    Can you not get a flight to Detroit for your voucher? Seems as if you'd be passing over Detroit on your way to Chicago, but I do know airline pricing is screwy... It's only $59/each way from Orlando-Detoit... :D
    Orlando is cheaper, that's why I'm flying back to Orlando.
    But it's still $109.
    edited May 2009
    DogDragon wrote:
    Orlando is cheaper, that's why I'm flying back to Orlando.
    But it's still $109.

Must have gone up. It was $59 when I looked. Of course I got mine for free from being bumped off my flight last year, but still a good price at $109. Did you get on either of the flights that I'm on from Orlando?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Jet Blue doesn't go to DTW
  • edited May 2009
    Address: 50th and Oak, Kansas City, MO

Car: Can drive; Mistubishi Galant (can carry 3 comfortably)

I'd rather not drive the whole way on my own, don't feel comfortable honestly. Be glad to pick up some people from Iowa or the 'nois though....

Also, I can leave whenever quite literally...although early would be nice because I'm supposed to visit the UMICH law school while I'm up there.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Crazy Joe wrote:
    JetBlue doesn't fly to Detroit. I know I'm a product of the US school system, but I am fully aware that Chicago is further away from NY than Detroit.
    edited May 2009
    That sucks... It is cheaper on Airtran to fly to Detroit than it is to fly to Dayton... That makes sense...
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Who can swing by and pick me up? 36th and Seward Hwy.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    I think that's on the way for Leo. :p
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited May 2009
    Mt_Goat wrote:
    Who can swing by and pick me up? 36th and Seward Hwy.
    I gotcha covered Larry. Be at the airport, 5:30am on the 25th. OCZ jet will pick you up.