soo i fixed my gainward card (lots of pics)

GobdGobd Seattle, WA
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Soo i fixed my gainward card that was having those plaid screen crash problems by myself so i didn't have to wait to RMA it. Heres the pics! :)

New pictures at http://www.overclockage.com/gobd thanks to someone that bought it from me.

The hardest part was ripping off the old capacitors, soldering on the new ones wasn't that hard.

Comments

• Park_7677Park_7677 Missouri Member
    edited June 2003
    That's great ;D ! Glad you're problems are fixed.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited June 2003
    nice work, glad to hear you didn't have to rma it. I wouldn't have a steady enough hand to solder that myself.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    Mine Gainward ti500 crashes with skyblue checkerboards when I move the windows GUI or activate OpenGL for 3d modelling (Max, ms3d)
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited June 2003
    Thrax said
    Mine Gainward ti500 crashes with skyblue checkerboards when I move the windows GUI or activate OpenGL for 3d modelling (Max, ms3d)

Wow, never heard of a GeForce 3 having that problem!
  • dodododo Landisville, PA
    edited June 2003
    Thats pretty ghetto, and daring.

~dodo
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    Good job.

It would be nice to have a vid of the old capacitors getting smeared.:D

Prof
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    u my friend...have either balls or stupidity...but judjing from ur engunity...u have huge watermelon sized testicals
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Poor card, look how stupid it looks, now all the other cards are going to laugh at it :p

Nice mod job though, I'd be to scared to do it myself.

NS
  • GobdGobd Seattle, WA
    edited July 2004
    The pics are fixed so I might as well bump my masterpiece for the occasion. It's also right around the first year anniversary! You can find 13 new pictures at http://www.overclockage.com/gobd

All that is missing is the action shots of my cousin destroying the old caps with a rather large sledgehammer and the shots of what types the old caps were. Now at least new people can see what it should like once it's finished.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    My ti500 never did recover. It met the business end of a crowbar.

Gainward was ****ing useless. Their tech support couldn't speak english, nor were they even willing to help.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2004
    You should be careful smashing the old caps up. The electrolite in some caps is very nasty stuff.