Astro Empires new server

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited June 2009 in Gaming
So I've played this game a lot and it is a free browser based game where you can build bases on various planets, moons, or asteroids. Each with their own good and bad. Not flash based, but mostly text in fact the only images game related used are pictures of said astro type.

If a fun, sci fi, empire building and management, skirmishing to massive fleet waging war, and playable with hundreds of active players. Then you might want to check it out, I've been playing a couple years now and with this new server having just started it's a good time to join up.

It is free and the ad's are not intrusive and if browser games are your thing then you might even find a good one using the ad's(did I just say that?). Though you can pay for added bonus's but not anything that would give you a large upper hand over an intelligent player who is on a free account which makes it such a great game. You get scanner's which can see incoming fleets but only in the region your based in which encompasses only a handful of star systems and there are several dozen per galaxy and eventually about 70 galaxies as the game progresses which gives noobies a good starting area from all the older players. Which are not that big of a problem for a noob as attacking someone a certain level lower than you is either impossible or non profitable and profits build fleets and fleets give you power.

So if you want to check it out post here, maybe you guys can start an Icrontic guild with enough people(dangerous game to not be in a strong guild though). Here's a good guide I highly suggest you read, it explains the game very well and is fairly short. It will help you reach the max number of bases permitted for free accounts, or get even more. The cool part of the game is if you have an upgraded account with 16 bases and go to a free account that is limited to 9 bases you keep all your bases anyways until you wish to disband it for whatever reason. You keep what you get basically.

http://forum.astroempires.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=63288

And the new server here, sign up takes literally a few seconds. Check your base type and delete and resign up until you get a "Rocky Moon" with "4 Solar" and "3 Metal" which will be of great use for a first base. You might have to try a dozen times but eventually you'll find something. If you read the guide you'll know what to do and look for.

http://gamma.astroempires.com

Sorry if I seem really into this game, but no game has ever kept my attention for more than a couple weeks. I've been playing on the Ceti server for 2 years or so at this point. You wanna keep your empire alive and thriving, I'm easily in the top 1000, though I was top 300 until a series of accidents occuring from having to work 16 hours 6 days a week last summer brought me down to 2000-something. Great game, interesting people, epic fights and yet the opposite does exist like usual. It's the internet. :p