Fallen Earth

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Gaming
Even though I want to disclose everything I know about FE, I can't....

BUT!!!!

This game is amazing, surprisingly well polished, and they took the post apocalyptic theme to the extreme. Crafting is out of this world [you can craft 99% of the items in game] and it works on a 256mb video card.

Once this game hits live, I hope all you WoW addicts will find a new and better game in Fallen Earth. We could definitely start a team Icrontic in FE :vimp:;D

Comments

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    This is the FPSMMO?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    nope, MMORPG.

The only true one being released in the next year

Official Site
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    What is a "true" mmorpg? :skeptic:
    edited July 2009
    Thrax wrote:
    What is a "true" mmorpg? :skeptic:

No instances. 10k or more people per server. Aspects from original table top RPGs integrated into an online environment .

Sadly, not many MMOs meet this requirement.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I like no instances. I might have to check it out.
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Why do instances mean that something isn't an MMORPG?
    edited July 2009
    Can't answer for TRiot, but I'm excited for an otherwise good MMO that doesn't have instances. I don't believe that instances make something less of a "true" MMO, as instances are a common and easy solution to the problems of population density and server load. I just think it's a hack; a half-assed solution when perhaps something more organic could be come up with to balance those concerns.
  • GrimnocGrimnoc Marion, IN
    edited July 2009
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I just think it's a hack; a half-assed solution when perhaps something more organic could be come up with to balance those concerns.

Me agree. :)
    edited July 2009
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Can't answer for TRiot, but I'm excited for an otherwise good MMO that doesn't have instances. I don't believe that instances make something less of a "true" MMO, as instances are a common and easy solution to the problems of population density and server load. I just think it's a hack; a half-assed solution when perhaps something more organic could be come up with to balance those concerns.

If you want to see how bad a fully instanced game is look at Crimecraft.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Mr TRiot wrote:
    If you want to see how bad a fully instanced game is look at Crimecraft.

Crimecraft is not an MMO. Just sayin'...
    edited July 2009
    CB wrote:
    Crimecraft is not an MMO. Just sayin'...

"CrimeCraft, billed as a Persistent World next-gen shooter is an upcoming MMO from the folks at Vogster"

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/387

Anyways, back on topic. Fallen Earth is great, try to get in beta if you can.
    edited July 2009
    Mr TRiot wrote:
    You're wrong because this fan-site says so... Lets go back to me bragging about this cool unreleased game I'm not supposed to be telling you about because it's a supar leet sekrit.

I spoke with one of the developers of Crimecraft at E3. He was very adamant about not calling the game an MMO. That's not what it is, and that's not how they want people to see it.
    edited July 2009
    CB wrote:
    I spoke with one of the developers of Crimecraft at E3. He was very adamant about not calling the game an MMO. That's not what it is, and that's not how they want people to see it.

He tell you they screwed with the aiming because they're afraid of people getting headshots? The game is flawed at the core.

Have you ever even played it? Make another topic if you like Crime Craft and want to stress your point...
    edited July 2009
    I have played. Not enough to make a full opinion about it. I wasn't saying I loved it, just that it's not an MMO. You were saying it was bad because it's instanced, but that's like saying that grapes are bad because they don't taste like tomatoes.

I cannot play the closed beta of this game or any other because I'm a journalist.

I only jumped in in the first place because you were trying to tell us, as if from a position of authority, that any game that doesn't fit your narrow definition of a good MMO isn't worth playing, or that it isn't a "real MMORPG". That's just elitist crap, and whether you meant it that way or not, it sort-of rubbed me the wrong way.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Personal attacks will not be tolerated.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    The screenshots and what little I've read of the concept make Fallen Earth look terrible. Deadlands meets Fallout? srsly? Come on...
    edited July 2009
    I'm thinking along those lines, too. The art and plot writing on their website is pretty low quality.

What I've heard about the gameplay elements sounds pretty good, though. First person perspective, no instances, and what sounds like a pretty good crafting system all resonate with me. I generally like post-apocalyptic settings, too. Guess we'll see what the final product looks like.