TF2 Upgraded to 100tick / 500 fps

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Team Fortress 2
Recently the TF2 server has been lagging... Maybe lagging is a bad word for it. The last few nights, there have been multiple complaints from all players about skipped frames, and generally slow server response.

Okay, maybe that is lag.

Regardless, a bunch of the core TF2 regulars got together in IRC and discussed upgrading to one of the new quad core/10gig ethernet 100tick/500fps servers.

We pulled the trigger on that today.

The TF2 server address at rad.icrontic.com has been updated. If you want the IP, it's 68.232.173.200.

In addition to myself and Lincoln, TiberiusLazarus will be a full server admin (meaning he can reboot, reconfigure, add/remove maps, etc.)

He's working on getting the remote map download feature working so that people don't bail because of the incredibly slow map downloads.

The cost has gone up: The new server is almost $100/month. Several people have offered to give a recurring monthly payment to defray the increased cost, so their generosity is appreciated; still, we need to keep on top of the server costs.

IF YOU PLAY ON THE IC SERVER, and you wear the {IC} clan tag, you have some benefits, like being able to request map changes, getting pubs kicked to make room for you, etc. This server costs a lot of money to run, so PLEASE, if you've never helped pay for the server before, this is a great time. As always, the generosity of the few benefits the many, and it's not always fair. ANYTHING helps - $5, $20, $37, whatever you can chip in.

It is as easy as clicking this link. Clanpay has made it very simple to chip in.

Thank you!

Comments

• KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I'll donate as soon as I get moneys in.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    $100 a month is a hefty price tag. I'll try to add some to help out. Hopefully this upgrade will be worth it.

On a side note, are we still paying for the L4D server?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    We've dropped the L4D server.

For the 20 of us that play regularly, even $5 a month would cover this. $10 a month would be awesome. Surely we can all spare that?
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    In the near future I may be able to donate a TF2 server to Icrontic... not right now mind you but depending on how life goes possibly within 6 months.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Ill be sure to donate I get paid fri
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I've supported {IC}'s TF2 server and will continue... It's a good bargain when you consider the fine people that play on the server.
  • QuadyTheTurnipQuadyTheTurnip Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Ghaaa PayPal? PayPal HATES HATES HATES me. I can't use it at all. :(
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    threw in money i had in paypal from the epic surprise.

how long does it take to show up on clanpay?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Instantly.

Thank you!
    edited July 2009
    maybe i'm retarded but it didn't look like the balance changed.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I think you're probably retarded. Current balance is -$298, which is +$the amount you put in over the last balance...
    edited July 2009
    so it started at 348? Or is that how much we have over the amount needed?
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    It is stupid Shwaip, it goes "deeper" into negative as we add money.. If it gets to 0 or positive numbers, we need to pay again.
    edited July 2009
    Ah, so red is good. I see.