TF2 Server Help

ledbetterledbetter Chattanooga, TN
edited August 2009 in Team Fortress 2
Could someone please tell me some good servers to play. I'm new to TF2 land, and dropping into the middle of a clan's slaughterhouse has be pretty easy to do. :Pwned:

Comments

• PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Icrontic.com TF2
    68.232.173.200:27015
    ....the BEST TF2 server in the known multiverses!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Pssst Preacher. I think he may have been talking about our server.
  • ledbetterledbetter Chattanooga, TN
    edited August 2009
    I've never been to IC's TF2 server. I thought you had to get an invite or something. Thanks for the info and btw, Happy B-Day Preach!
    edited August 2009
    I'm Preacher, IC TF2 Server's Rush Chairman, DAMN glad to frag ya!
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    multiverse Preacher...NERD
    edited August 2009
    _k_ wrote:
    multiverse Preacher...NERD

:hair:
    edited August 2009
    Heh Animal House.
    edited August 2009
    By the Nine Spheres, Urza SAVE US!
  • edited August 2009
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2009

You need to coordinate with the other Brits/Europeans and pull it together! We can't start playing at 4 in the afternoon our time to accommodate you :p
  • edited August 2009
    yeah, will do, is there an easier way than the forums? and... there are also other tf2 servers ;) :P
  • SPIKE09SPIKE09 Scatland
    edited August 2009
    Micromart the UK computer mag has a TF2 server which is surprisingly more UK friendly in the time's we play. I'll ask basil its ip addy and we have a few IC folks play on it :bigggrin:

well bas and mois :buck:
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I'll likely be available for a game at a time that suits, add me on steam and message when you feel like playing (just look for the basil in the IC steam group).

EDIT Chris posted while I was typing :P
    Didn't mention it earlier as I wasn't sure if advertising a non-Icrontic server here was a great idea, IP pm'd anyways.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    I'll soon be joining you fellows in GMT+2 land... I might be interested in a couple good servers to hit up over there. Let me know!

Thanks, folks.
    edited August 2009
    If my internets work I'm capable of playing your times mon-weds.
  • edited August 2009
    sounds great and will check out the PM, i played last night with some IC'ers and was good fun despite me being a total amateur, i still havent chosen one class in which to play as, which is the best way to play? and also i felt slightly left out as i wasnt in on the convosation. i have a mic (built in, im on a laptop) so im not quite sure why i wasnt in, any ideas?

thanks
    edited August 2009
    check in your steam options voice panel and do the mic test to see if you need to boost the mic or even if steam i picking it up, do the same thing in game because mics change volume and clarity from one game to the next.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    As far as class selection: Choose what the situation needs, don't shoehorn yourself into a single class (AHEM, PRAGFLIPPER).

Your team will love you for changing classes when you need to accomplish an objective.
  • edited August 2009
    but you can obtain objective for classes giving you an advantage with a certain class, surely that would be the class to use? also how do you get these items? I've got the killing gloves of boxing for the heavy but have no idea how i got it :P
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    You either

a) find them randomly

or

b) Earn them by getting achievements

I mean, we're all better at some classes than others. I tend towards demo, engineer, and spy for example; still, if we're trying to push kart, I'll go heavy and tell someone else to go medic to push through the final few feet or something. You have to adapt to the situation.
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Pshht, the Soldier is the perfect solution to every problem!
  • edited August 2009
    there's always one :D
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    In addition to what prime said, there is a third way to get items, and that is to whore them with an idol program, but none of us here is a whore, right?
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2009
    Heh, a bunch of my friends were getting 300+ hours of TF2 time over two weeks when the hats first came out.
    edited August 2009
    cola wrote:
    In addition to what prime said, there is a third way to get items, and that is to whore them with an idol program, but none of us here is a whore, right?

Heh, half of my IC friends sit in IDLE servers.