The Starbucks Diet

MochanMochan Philippines
edited August 2011 in Fitness
Well, I took some time off these boards since I was busy with a lot of stuff in life and I joined my office's biggest loser challenge. I come back here to share my results and it seems everyone's been bitten by the fitness bug! What happened to Prime? Has he had good results? Anyway, I wanted to share mine.

I work in the call center industry in Asia, which basically means my days start at 10pm and end around 9am in the morning. Don't you just love graveyard? The thing with this setup is that it makes it exceptionally hard to eat proper food. Most of the options in the office are fast food like McDonald's or 7 Elevens that are open 24 hours.

By necessity, in my quest to lose weight I went with the "Star Bucks Diet." Some of you are probably thinking, "wow this whacko ate nothing but frappes and latte's for two months! Sorry to disappoint, but while that does sound delicious, it sounds like a quick recipe to make a human balloon.

Instead, I looked at the other things that are on the Starbucks menu - deli sandwiches, egg rolls, and all manner of other stuff. Most people don't realize it but Starbucks actually has some food in the menu, and considering how expensive fastfood like McD's are these days the prices are actually comparable for a Chicken Parmesan sandwich with a glass of water and a Big Mac meal with fries and a soda. The major difference being one is far, far healthier than the other. And since Starbucks is open way into the wee hours, this worked out surprisingly well.

In short, in the last two mo the I lost about 25 pounds. Not bad, not bad at all. I still need to lose about 15 pounds more after which I'll start buffing up with weight training. But right now I just need to keep losing pounds. There are a few more nuances to my diet but I'll get to that when I get back to my computer. Posting from a phone is way too hard.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Mochan wrote:
    Well, I took some time off these boards since I was busy with a lot of stuff in life and I joined my office's biggest loser challenge. I come back here to share my results and it seems everyone's been bitten by the fitness bug! What happened to Prime? Has he had good results? Anyway, I wanted to share mine.

I work in the call center industry in Asia, which basically means my days start at 10pm and end around 9am in the morning. Don't you just love graveyard? The thing with this setup is that it makes it exceptionally hard to eat proper food. Most of the options in the office are fast food like McDonald's or 7 Elevens that are open 24 hours.

By necessity, in my quest to lose weight I went with the "Star Bucks Diet." Some of you are probably thinking, "wow this whacko ate nothing but frappes and latte's for two months! Sorry to disappoint, but while that does sound delicious, it sounds like a quick recipe to make a human balloon.

Instead, I looked at the other things that are on the Starbucks menu - deli sandwiches, egg rolls, and all manner of other stuff. Most people don't realize it but Starbucks actually has some food in the menu, and considering how expensive fastfood like McD's are these days the prices are actually comparable for a Chicken Parmesan sandwich with a glass of water and a Big Mac meal with fries and a soda. The major difference being one is far, far healthier than the other. And since Starbucks is open way into the wee hours, this worked out surprisingly well.

In short, in the last two mo the I lost about 25 pounds. Not bad, not bad at all. I still need to lose about 15 pounds more after which I'll start buffing up with weight training. But right now I just need to keep losing pounds. There are a few more nuances to my diet but I'll get to that when I get back to my computer. Posting from a phone is way too hard.

Hey dear if you would carry on the diet and have the passion to lose weight than you will successful in your aim. And I will tell you one more thing that doing working in night shift the body weight's losses automatically by night awakening....
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited January 2011
    I didn't know it was possible to lose weight eating anything Starbucks has to offer aside from water.

And holy thread revival :wtf:
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Just ask if you need to know something from me.

Do you ever feel like you only go with girls because you're supposed to?