Name that HS!

RWBRWB Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Hardware
Got this off one of you guys a while back when I last tried to get back into building a new system. I wanna put this sucker over my Phenom II X4 920.:D

It seems to be a Ninja Sythe, but I am unsure if it will work on my AM2+ and frankly I would prefer to know how to determine this without opening my computer and testing it out. Apparently certain revisions were made that allows AM2+ sockets to work with it.

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    It is. This is really late. Looks like the old rev before all the AMD HS clips were starting to be moded. Looks like its still go the old 3 hole clip from the K8 brackets which almost never carry over to the AM2 because of clearance on the outside edges.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Scythe Ninja, or one of the Scythe variants. They have about 8 coolers that are variations on a unitary design.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Go to Heatsink Factory, Petra's Tech Shop, and Cooler Guys and look for adapter kits. I know that the original Ninja was manufactured before the AM2 hit the streets. I have no idea what Scythe mount hardware/adapters are available. Once you factor in shipping, it might behoove (don't you just love that word?) you just to look on the used market for a cooler with AM2 hardware.