Cookie if you can guess my avatar's game.

croc_croc_ New
edited January 2004 in Gaming
ok its pretty easy. Has anyone played/beaten this game? I played it AGES ago, and I got stuck because I used up all the blood vials in the whole game, and I needed one for a spell to proceed (at least I think thats what happened).

I wonder where I could find this game.....

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    I think I still have a copy someheres, but you can't play it in anything above windows98. It has a serious reliance on EMS, and getting any of that in a newer Windows OS is a serious pain in the arse. Same reason I can't play Masters of Magic anymore... I loved that game
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Um, XP can run older games under the following circumstances:

Put game in as an app that runs as Windows 95 compatibility mode AND use an old Directx, not to exceed Directx 8.0. Old games use older refesh rate modes, limit res and depth mode in the display properties also. After you stick the game into Widnows 95 compatibility, you will be able to tweak the EMM and EMS needs some, and do so a LOT more than in Win2K or native XP running of game. However, you will be limited to older games that way if you have to have an old DirectX set to run the program.

John.
  • gibbonslgibbonsl Grand Forks AFB
    edited January 2004
    diablo? :nudge:
  • hypermoodhypermood Smyrna, GA New
    edited January 2004
    The game I believe is "Crusader: No Remorse." I seem to remember his name being "The Silencer."

Cookie for me?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    I believe CBDroege knows what it is, as I remember having alot of trouble getting it to play even on my win95 machine.

edit// Nope not crusader, but I used to play that all the time. :)
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited January 2004
    Ultima 8, Pagan.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    *hands you a cookie*

now I am determined to get this game (although I will put very little effort into looking because I am lazy) :)
  • CaffeineMeCaffeineMe Cedar Rapids, IA
    edited January 2004
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3071003531&category=11050

BTW, I played AND BEAT this game with DOS as the OS, 486 w. 8MB RAM. The game itself came on 8 FLOPPY DISKS, and I had to purchase separately a 3 floppy disk speech pack. It also shipped with a cloth map of the world of Pagan, and some other swag as well. This is back when Ultima was THE series that all others wanted to be. I sold it online back BEFORE Ebay existed. Caffeineme=old sk00l.
  • edited January 2004
    why is it that so few people emulate dos to play the old games. its a hell of a lot easier than you think and plus it always works for me. get yourself an app called dosbox, a fairly good emulator, and use it to play your older games that need dos to run.

edit**

oh and by the way, all the Ultimas have worked on this emulator
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Oh yea, I guess I forgot to put my guess in the post...

Anyway, I've never DOS emulated, cause I've never heard of that program. perhaps I will try it out.
  • edited January 2004
    make sure you read the readme if you get dosbox, you have to mount the directory of the game as a fake drive to get to the game you are trying to play.