Countdown to Modern Warfare 2

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited November 2009 in Gaming
I rarely actually ever get genuinely excited about a game. In fact I have actually only been really pumped about:

Half-Life 2, Team Fortress 2 and Arkham Asylum.

But today I find myself counting down the days till Modern Warfare 2 hits the shelves.

Who's with me!?

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Mememememe

^5

I need to get a fucking TV first, though (because it's cheaper than rebuilding my computer... I think).
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    DO IT.

I am currently looking at a new 50"+ TV. Need to see it in ALL it's glory!
    edited November 2009
    I'm downgrading. :/

I had a 65" in Madison; everything here is ridiculously expensive, though, so I think I'm going with a 46". I may save for a little more and get the 55" version, but... time is of the essence.
    edited November 2009
    We have a mere 5 days. That is not much time. I can feel my hip tightening ready for the press of my side arm, this could be a vicious firefight (in the local TV superhypermarket).
  • ObsidianObsidian Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Dragon Age: Origins just came out. What's this "Modern Warfare" you speak of?
    edited November 2009
    I am sorry, I am unfamiliar with the above mentioned game. I am assuming it does not involve:

A terrorist conspiracy
    A significantly large amount of guns
    The shouting of "our UAV is online"
    Bullets
    Grenades
    Modern Warfare
    edited November 2009
    A tactical fucking nuke
    edited November 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    A tactical fucking nuke

To be fair, i don't believe there is such thing as a strategic one!
    edited November 2009
    Release day... woohaa! Shall be proudly freezing to death outside GAME tonight at 12am.. to collect my MW2 :D
    edited November 2009
    You're going to beat me by a good margin. Still don't have a TV, and don't know when I'm grabbing it. :/

Enjoy!
  • chrisWhitechrisWhite Littleton, CO
    edited November 2009
    Meh, it will be a February game for me, I'm more excited about Assassin's Creed 2 this month, The Saboteur next month and Mass Effect 2 in January.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Meh... the way they've crippled MW2 PC multiplayer has caused me to lose the small sliver of interest I had. L4D2 will be keeping me plenty busy anyway.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I am counting down for MW2 and BFBC2 :) its just the count for BFBC2 is more exciting :)
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    11 GB is going to take so long! I look forward to trying it out.

-Bobby
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    The more I hear about the PC version, the worse it gets. Wallhacks and aimbots have already been reported, and there is simply no way to deal with it.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    I got it for PS3.... In short, no keyboard and no mouse make me go something something. Waste of my cash. Sweet game though.
    edited November 2009
    The sad thing is IW will still claim the launch a success. But hopefully the PC backlash will teach them a lesson and make them patch in dedicated servers. I highly doubt it though...
    edited November 2009
    Well played some 6v6 on PC and it is pretty fun. I connected perfectly fine and got friends invited into lobbies etc. It won;t do for super competitive play, but for IC goodness we could have fun through steam.
    edited November 2009
    To believe that I actually created this thread AND I still don't have my copy! It's been a complete clusterfuck of a week, so no gaming goodness for me.

Shall get it today, I still have faith :D
    edited November 2009
    Oh dear. What a disorientated, unstructured mess the single player campaign is. I'm bored of it already. It's practically incoherent. Just lots of aimless wandering around shooting randomly hoping to hit targets. It's certainly no modern warfare 1.

Let's go see how the online is. Hopeully better!
    edited November 2009
    Enjoy the wallhax and aimbots that you can't do anything about :(
    edited November 2009
    You say that but without cheats I find myself at the top of the charts. I haven't once seen anyone doing kills above & beyond what should be normal.

The PC version is fluid and plays much better than at least the 360 version (as I have both :) ) but if your a PC gamer you still have the option to build custom parties & invite friends etc...

The entire issue of hacks, has always been an issue in any game. While some people tried to get rid of hackers they still exists in almost every FPS online.
    edited November 2009
    But as a game server admin (TF2 and L4D), the ability to deal with mic spam, hackers, griefers, idiots, racists, etc. has been very important to me over the last couple of years. If I'm playing with friends, sure, that's one thing; but sometimes it's nice to open yourself up to playing with random pubs. That's how I met several extremely close friends.

I'm not gonna wanna play with random pubs if I know idiots can't be kicked.

Case in point: Read the fanboy thread. Those are all MW2 gamers. A bunch of idiots with the mentality of 7 year olds. Finding the mature players shouldn't be a big challenge or luck-of-the-draw.
    edited November 2009
    Case in point: Read the fanboy thread. Those are all MW2 gamers. A bunch of idiots with the mentality of 7 year olds. Finding the mature players shouldn't be a big challenge or luck-of-the-draw.

So that means you won't be buying MW2? Xbox is beyond bad along with PS3 for " A bunch of idiots with the mentality of 7 year olds"

I have yet to run into these idiots on PC... I might only have a few hours in but it has been fun. But on Xbox they can be heard loud and clear and you can't do much about it. Honestly the 360 experience with MW2 has been unpleasant with the amount of cussing etc... I can't be playing games with kids spouting off being racists and noobs with my wife and child at home.

On my PC version I have the sound cranked and don't have to worry about ghetto chat unless it is my friend & in in Vent making fun of the kids we just knifed 5 times in a row.
    edited November 2009
    So that means you won't be buying MW2? Xbox is beyond bad along with PS3 for " A bunch of idiots with the mentality of 7 year olds"

I have yet to run into these idiots on PC... I might only have a few hours in but it has been fun. But on Xbox they can be heard loud and clear and you can't do much about it. Honestly the 360 experience with MW2 has been unpleasant with the amount of cussing etc... I can't be playing games with kids spouting off being racists and noobs with my wife and child at home.

On my PC version I have the sound cranked and don't have to worry about ghetto chat unless it is my friend & in in Vent making fun of the kids we just knifed 5 times in a row.

No, I'll not be buying MW2. It doesn't interest me enough to want to deal with the added headaches and annoyances.

I don't play online _at all_ on 360 or PS3; I can only imagine what the Haloverse sounds like ;D
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Almost 20 hours later.... 93% (1.5mb down DSL Download speed last night was ~100K, now is around 70K)

Knowing IW people from the inside it is VERY interesting to compare celebration for over 70 Million sold on one side and the articles + conversation here.

-Bobby
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    You'll also see celebrations over the sales figures of Halo games and plenty of people saying it's the greatest thing since the blowjob was invented. Doesn't mean Halo is ACTUALLY a good game.

As for what the Haloverse sounds like, it sounds like what I'd imagine a Hitler youth rally would sound like what with all the racist and homophobic statements getting bandied about.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Just remember being bigoted, racist, sexist, and all of those things is the only way to prove maturity. It doubles the size of most E-peens too.
    edited November 2009
    Actually, I am going to be controversial here and change my opinion.

I went into the game with an expectation of how it would be. Standard linear, scripted "enemy always in front of you" FPS gameplay, just done well.

So my initial "what the fuck, they are bloody at me from all sides" viewpoint fueled the "disorientated" complant.

Actually, it's really quite clever. One of the biggest complaints is that games are so forced. I have come to realise the more I play the single player campaign, that's it a breath of fresh air. In the real world, you enemy does come at you from all sides (where possible).

So, I will retract my statement and say "I was wrong, I am getting into it and I am starting to enjoy it!".

Multiplayer is different but not really played it enough yet. Also, prime, I bought it on PS3 NOT PC.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Got it for 360. Beat the campaign in the first 5 hours I owned the game. Thought it was great! The plot twist and everything makes me REALLY excited for the next game.

I'm already a 41 online. I love it! Just finished getting all the SCAR-H attachments and unlocked SCAR Mastery for 10,000 challenge points. Now I'm working on using the M16A4.

I never played the Modern Warfare I mulitplayer so I can't compare the two. I like it a lot more than CoD5 though.

As for all the annoying people that also play XBOX LIVE, I mute them.