8800GTS Cooling: Accelero S1 Rev 2 vs DuOrb CL-G0102

HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
edited November 2009 in Hardware
Hey Icrontic,

I've been doing some research today, looking for a new VGA cooler (I'm using the stock fan atm) and decided that I couldn't decide which to pick.

Im debating the Accelero S1 Rev. 2, or the DuOrb CL-G010. They're similarly priced, so I suppose I'm looking to squeeze the best bang-for-buck possible from this purchase; noise isn't much of an issue, but if the quieter option is the better option then I won't complain.

What are you experiences with these coolers? Has anyone tried both and found a victor? Any help appreciated.

Thanks IC.
:cheers2:

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    The Accelero is a nice system... the overall feedback from most gamers is it will drop the GPU temps from the 64-67C range under no load to the 45-43C range. The only true concern I would have it there is nothing on the memory to keep it cool... If you go with the Accelero I would recommend getting the (Thermalright 8800GT PWM ramsink kit) to keep that memory nice and cool.

As for the DuOrb it looks cooler it will perform better (especially if OC'ing the card) and it comes with all the things you need to properly keep your card cool. Most tests show the cooler on a 8800GT running it idle at 45c & under load hitting 67c-70c range.

All these numbers will change based on your case & how it is cooled, but overall the DuOrb is going to give you better performance. besides there is nothing better than peeking into a case & seeing shiny copper & blue fans on hardware :)
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Decided to give the Accelero a whirl (bought the ramsink kit too). Its purdy cold inside my case, so it should get plenty of cold air. I'll try to remember to post the difference once its all installed and ready. ATM I idle around 42-46 (GPU) @724/1720/1056 but want to get me some more colderyness. Thanks ^^
    edited November 2009
    Running the ATITool test, it and Speedfan are showing load temps are 44/45C, I idle around 37/8 too.

Thanks ^^
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    What are temps under full load on futuremark products? (Vantage or 3DMark)
    edited November 2009
    44/45C, under the ATItooltest; know of any better ones?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2009
    Those Acceleros running passively beat a lot of other noisy, buzzy, actively cooled coolers. I used them when I had single core video cards and they were superb performers.