Need a minimize-to-tray app for Windows 7 64-bit

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited December 2009 in Science & Tech
I ran TrayIt in WinXP 32-bit to minimize windows to the tray. Worked perfectly - one of my favorite applications! I've run MinimizeToTray (freeware version) in Windows 7 32-bit, but it does not work in Win7 64 bit. Anyone know of a minimize-to-tray app for Win 7 64-bit? I would imagine an app designed for Vista 64 would also work.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Have you tried running the application as administrator on Win 7 64? Does the program use some sort of driver or pseudo-driver to accomplish its goals?

Try issuing bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS from a command prompt elevated to administrator. Reboot and try the application again.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Yes, I believe I did try running it under administrator. I don't think that's the issue though, as the app ran perfectly under Win7 32-bit.
    Try issuing bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS from a command prompt elevated to administrator.
    Sure, I can try that when I'm home today. Would you please explain what that does? Are there any side effects?

....lovin' Windows 7
    edited December 2009
    Oh, also, another question: from the command prompt, starting at root - "system32?"
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    1. Running command prompt as administrator.

2. The command disables the need for WHQL-signed drivers in Vista and 7 x64. The check isn't necessary, it's just a slap on the hand for bad driver writers who were releasing crappy drivers without WHQL certificates. It can't harm anything, and nobody is writing WHQL-uncertified drivers for x64.

If the program you're using requires some kind of driver, and it's unsigned, it'd work in 7 x86 because it has no signing requirement.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited December 2009
    Is there a reason you abandoned TrayIt? I'm using it under Win7 64-bit without any problems...
    edited December 2009
    Maybe I haven't abandonded it yet. :D

You made me think about it. For the last several days, on and off, I've been migrating systems over to Win 7, to 32 and 64-bit. Come to think of it, I haven't tried TrayIt yet with Win 7. :rolleyes: For some reason, I was thinking I had. I think I need to stick closer to my checklist.

I'll double check this evening when I'm home and verify.
    edited December 2009
    Man, what was I saying!

I am happy to report that TrayIt works in Windows 7-64. :)