Am I botted? Some help please?

Slider51Slider51 Michigan USA New
edited January 2010 in Science & Tech
Hello Icrontic!

After alot of help from you guys in the last few months my machine is clean again...thank you. However, Chiaz suggested I leave RUBotted on my machine for an occasional scan.

I did that a few days ago, and got a warning screen - see attachment 1.

I also pulled up this log - see attachment 2.

Question - I know nothing about RUBoteed, and the warning screen asks if I want to clean the machine using HouseCall, my only option apparently to addressing the issues shown on the log. I got stung big-time a while back by a rogue software outfit, so my question is...is this "Housecall" legit, or should I come back here for help. I really dont want another software package, especially if it's a rogue deal.

Please let me know, and thanks in advance for the help!

Slider

Comments

• Slider51Slider51 Michigan USA New
    edited January 2010
    Still haven't heard anything...can somebody help?

Thanks,

Slider
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Trend Micro is a legit security company. You can trust their products to not be a scam.
    edited January 2010
    Thank you Lincoln,

If you would, take a look at the second screen shot - it's the scan log. Do those just look like attempts at getting into my machine, or are they an actual infection? Seems to me if they are just attempts, there's nothing to fix. Am I right?

Slider
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    It looks like your computer hit a few scattered domains Trend Micro feels are malicious when browsing the web. An infection on your PC would have a more consistent pattern than the log you have. Nevertheless, it would be prudent to give your PC a virus scan just to make sure.
    edited January 2010
    Thanks Thrax,

I scanned it completely with MBAM and AVG Gree Ed. Scans came up clean but I am not experienced enough to know if bots are detected by those 2 packages well enough...I would think so, but I fugured asking an expert would be the best thing to do.

So in your opinion, these were just attempts to get in? I understand those happen all the time....

Slider
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited January 2010
    Yeah, it looks like your computer is perfectly fine. :)
    edited January 2010
    I do full scans at least once a week for malware infections, and I do any nefarious surfing with Sandboxie. Oh and that should have read "AVG Free Edition" in my first sentence abocve...loose nut behind the keyboard :)
    edited January 2010
    Great...just wasn't sure on the RUBotted thing...

Thank you very much...problem resolved...

Slider