WTB cheap parts for a new folding PC

TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
edited March 2010 in Trading Post
I'm building another PC to be a pure folder, and I need some things. Anyone got any of this stuff laying around they can sell at a reasonable price?

Things I need:

Medium to full size ATX case.

A few good cooling fans.

CPU heat sink, compatible with AM2 / AM2+ socket (I got a MSI K9A2 Platinum 4 PCI Express slot motherboard).

A hard drive, IDE or SATA. Just something to hold the OS and data. I prefer Seagate, as they have always run good for me for years.

Memory, 240 pin DDR2, 2 GB or more.

A good power supply. How much to run 4 video cards? I'm guessing 700 watts should be good.

Video cards, Nividia. I can buy some 8800s on Newegg, anyone got any 8800s or better they don't need?

A CPU. Compatible with MSI K9A2 Platinum motherboard, NOT a 125 watt model, 95 watt or lower. Phenoms, 3-4 core? FX-64?

Estimate shipping costs to 91605 zip code.

Thanks!:thumbsup:

Comments

• DonutDonut Maine New
    edited February 2010
    Yhpm, possible memory.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Yhpm? What?

EDIT - Oh, You Have Private Message. Ok I'll go look at it.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Umm lemme do some checking, I think I might have some but I could be wrong
    edited February 2010
    I found an online eBay store that has 8800 GT's for $57 each and free shipping, that's the best price I've seen so far. I even called Nvidia directly to try and get a better deal on 4 8800 GTs, but they said they were out of stock on them and 9800 GTs were $89.99 each.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2010
    Did you ask them to just cross out the 9s and write 8s so they would sell them to you for cheaper? Then did you laugh at them when they said no and reminded them they crossed the 8s out on the 8800GTs and wrote in 9s to charge more?
    edited February 2010
    No, I didn't think of that. I should try it.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    8800 GT's for $57 each
    Smart! There is no way you can get better bang for the buck ($/Points per Day) than that, Tim. Excellent choice. Now if you could find a 9800GX2 for $100...

Go get 'em, Tim!
    edited March 2010
    Yes, the 8800GTs at $57 each were the best price I could find, from an eBay store. I got FOUR of them! My new folding PC is built, I've been adding GPUs and setting each one up, one at a time.

The eBay seller is compuvest_corp . PNY 256MB 8800 GT.
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited March 2010
    I have a few things you need that are in my thread I posted before yours. Take a look and see if its anything you need.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Salute, Tim! :rockon: