The "WOW that's a great deal" thread

Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
edited March 2010 in Trading Post
I saw this and thought to myself, WOW, thats a great deal.

Antec 900 case - $79.99 after rebate code EMCYPYR23

Thats direct from Newegg, you can't even buy em from questionable ebay vendors for that.

Comments

• KometeKomete Member
    edited March 2010
    Is it just for pc stuff?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Computer or computer-related.

Not household goods, grandma's bloomers, adorable figurines, or Billy Bob's set of three car tires.
    Is it just for pc stuff?
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited March 2010
    I was going to post a link to the e-cig I got. After 19 years of smoking, I haven't had a cigarette in 4 days. I can charge it on my usb port though. Sorta pc related.
    edited March 2010
    USB port? Hey, go for it! :)
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Anyone thinking about building a HTPC out of old parts might utilize this. All in Wonder HD.

I just added one of these to an old Pentium 4 Gateway system for a friend, for 69.99 killing two birds with one stone, HD video acceleration, and a solid HD TV tuner. Runs quiet, and I was even playing Quake 4 on it quite nicely.

Was the first time I used this vendor to buy anything but they were lightning quick and everything I purchased arrived in good order. Anywhere else I looked this card was going for twice the price. If your building new, you might want to consider other options, but if you have an old MicroATX machine, you could plug this in and convert it to a HTPC box on the cheap.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    but will it run Crysis?

Seriously though, is it Linux compatible?
    edited March 2010
    ardichoke wrote:
    but will it run Crysis?

Seriously though, is it Linux compatible?

The display driver is a Radeon 3650 512 mb, so the display drivers will work, but,

I only installed this on XP Media Center, but my understanding is that the TV tuner will work in Linux with some work.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Interesting. That might be a good addition to my HTPC to replace the questionable 8600 GTS that's in there now.

EDIT: BAH! Recording through MythTV is not possible with any of the All-in-Wonder cards. So much for that.
    edited March 2010
    Trolling around the Ubuntu forms looks like allot of folks are having trouble getting the tuner to work, and AMD has been reluctant to support it because of some licensing issues with protected content and HD codec's yada, yada, yada....

I might be careful when considering Linux. Worked wonderful on an old 2.4 gigahertz Pentium 4 with one gig of RAM in XP. Played HD video flawlessly, and would provide some reasonable level of gaming for someone who wants that. Quake 4 ran fine at least.
    edited March 2010
    For the linux fans, this Sony MP3 player supports drag and drop, so its about as good as it gets on linux. On sale, lowest price I have seen a decent 16GB player.
    edited March 2010
    Hey, guys, I deleted a few posts. They were more or less clutter. If this thread is to remain useful, it should stay on topic, which is great deals.