Unicore fah

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited March 2010 in Folding@Home
Are there any versions of F@h left that work with unicore processors? I have a dual cpu xeon 3ghz just sitting here idle.

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Ol' faithful at the top here should treat you nicely - it's the regular single-core executable.

You're looking for the:

Windows XP/2003/Vista
    System tray client installer with viewer

You shouldn't even see SMP or GPU clients unless you go to the high performance page.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Ol' faithful at the top here should treat you nicely - it's the regular single-core executable.

You're looking for the:

Windows XP/2003/Vista
    System tray client installer with viewer

You shouldn't even see SMP or GPU clients unless you go to the high performance page.

Cool thanks. This machine is probably hyperthreaded so I think I'll need 4 instances. 4 different machine ID's.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Ya you could do that. If you wanted to do that why not SMP same thing except the SMP2 core does threading instead of instance duplication.
    edited March 2010
    _k_ wrote:
    Ya you could do that. If you wanted to do that why not SMP same thing except the SMP2 core does threading instead of instance duplication.

But all of the SMP clients recommend a multicore processor ...these are dual single core. Believe me I'd rather be using SMP2.
    edited March 2010
    After doing a little research I figured what-the-hell and SMP2 seems to be working fine. I a thread I read from someone who had the same dual xeon single core setup 7im replied that as long as it was 2.2ghz it would probably turn in wu's on time. This machine is 3.0ghz so I should be well suited.

Thanks for suggesting it _k_ ...but :csimon: will still get the points! Hehe