Name your top 5 Android Apps!

Comments

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    • Dropbox (simply allows me access to my dropbox files from my phone. On occasion, this has proved invaluable.)
    • AK Notepad (best program I can find to make up for the Droid's lack of a basic notepad feature)
    • Parallel Kingdom (a social media game / MMORPG hybrid. I'll proly be tired of it next week)
    • Angry Birds (it seems like every time I finish this game, more levels are released, so I've been playing for months)
    • EasyTetherPro (Despite the name, this program does not allow me to bypass a tethering subscription, it merely allows me to use my laptop to debug my phone's internet connection.)
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    How could I forget Dropbox... that plus KeePassDroid is amazingly useful (for what I think are obvious reasons)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    Pair the two of them, and my KeePass db is available everywhere, including my phone. It's AMAZING! :D

I had a Euro Hero and currently have both a Desire and a Desire Z. Not sure which I might sell and which I might keep, if I go that route.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    evo4G here.

Snark: point me to a guide for root'n the evo4G man
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited January 2011
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=653

Do a search for root evo and you shall find salvation. XDA is also the home of many of the custom ROM developers.
    edited January 2011
    Read carefully and check your specs (HBOOT version, etc) to make sure you do the right steps. Have an official Sprint or HTC RUU available for flashing if something goes wrong.

This thread may also have information. Other threads in the Android development subforum in the HTC Supersonic/Evo 4G section on XDA will also help familiarize you with the process, benefits, and caveats/things to look out for. Above all, read read read read READ, and don't do anything until you've read enough affirmative responses to make you feel sure that this will work for you.
    edited January 2011
    jesus that shit looks complicated.

jailbreak'n iphones was easy
    edited January 2011
    A) Not originally it wasn't and B) grow a pair. You can wait for a nice little package if you want, or you can be the geek we know you are and dig in with your hands.

(Start with Alidra's first.)
    edited January 2011
    :D

I told Alidra she was going to have to re-download all her aps going from an 8GB to 16GB SD card. I think an angel died. She still has an 8GB
  • QuadWhoreQuadWhore Toledo, Ohio, U.S. Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Necro. I've fallen in love with Aldiko, which allows me to read books without using the internet. Plus, there are a lot of cool books that are free.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    ADW Launcher
    Widget Locker
    AndChat
    Google Music Beta
    Unified Remote
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    CB wrote:
    • Dropbox (simply allows me access to my dropbox files from my phone. On occasion, this has proved invaluable.)
    • AK Notepad (best program I can find to make up for the Droid's lack of a basic notepad feature)
    • Parallel Kingdom (a social media game / MMORPG hybrid. I'll proly be tired of it next week)
    • Angry Birds (it seems like every time I finish this game, more levels are released, so I've been playing for months)
    • EasyTetherPro (Despite the name, this program does not allow me to bypass a tethering subscription, it merely allows me to use my laptop to debug my phone's internet connection.)

My new list:
    • Evernote (Best notepad program out there. Supports syncing and multi-media notes)
    • Netflix (I've stopped bringing books and magazines into the bathroom.)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Google Voice (I don't even know what phone number is associated with my phone, I just use my GV number)
    Google Maps/Navigation (hey I don't need a GPS any more!)
    Quick Settings (I use it not only for its core quick setting functionality, but also it unlocked the WiFi hotspot functionality of my phone)
    Redlaser (Scans barcodes and gives best prices online and locally, and scans QR codes also)
    Dropbox
    edited June 2011
    ADW Launcher
    Antique CyanogenMod
    Tweetdeck
    Netflix
    Easy Tether

ss-1-1-70c82ee30b25c6c58f2ef6a6a6e8ff244edff7f5
  • ButtersButters CA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Wireless Tether qr_code_market.png
    SuperBox
    XFinityTV
    TinyShark (no need to register to use GrooveShark)
    GoLauncher

others:
    PocketSoccer
    TuneInRadio
    WheresMyDroid (hopefully I'll never have to use it)
    QR Droid
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Mine thus far:

Reddit Is Fun
    Twitter (normal Android Client)
    Mail and GMail (seems pointless to list them separate. One work, one person)
    TinyShark (say what you will, but I like a free app with ads more than having to pay to use something)
    Dolphin Browser Mini

Others of note (GAMEZ! etc):
    Alchemy
    Angry Birds
    Phone Info.
    Handcent SMS
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited June 2011
    Pulse (for feeds)
    Airsync/Doubletwist
    Yelp
    Handscent
    Unified Remote

What are your favorite ROMs and why?

I've only used CyanogenMod so I don't have much to compare to.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Min.us came out with an Android app. It's an awesome, super simple file sharing site.

The app is called "Minus"
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    V|P wrote:
    Pulse (for feeds)
    Airsync/Doubletwist
    Yelp
    Handscent
    Unified Remote

What are your favorite ROMs and why?

I've only used CyanogenMod so I don't have much to compare to.

Really depends on the device. CM is virtually the only ubiquitous ROM.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    I use CM7 with Savaged-Zen's kernel.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Currently my top 5 are:

Standard Browser
    Amazon Kindle
    VPlayer Pro/MoboPlayer(had to combine these as I only use VPlayer for certain files)
    SoundHound
    tTorrent

Currently looking for a good password generator/storage program that also has a Win7 version.

EDIT// I forgot to mention a 6th program I like, the Zeam Launcher.
    edited June 2011
    KeePass and KeePassDroid, RWB.
    edited June 2011
    I just switched from LastPass to Keepass so I can integrate my passwords with my phone. Also, my updated list now includes Tasker. I'm a fan, it's amazing.
    edited June 2011
    Thrax is in control of my phone. Gonna do the Kwitko
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    Gonna do the Kwitko

Whip your hair back and forth?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    Thrax is in control of my phone. Gonna do the Kwitko

Unfortunately, his EVO 4G was not rooted prior to the Android 2.3.3 update, which supplied a new (and locked) bootloader. Until the community cracks this one, his phone escapes unscathed. :(
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    mas0n wrote:
    OK, so I'm probably late to this party, but I've just discovered Subsonic.

This server/app setup is probably my favorite anything in the world right now, especially since I'm on a Nexus S now with limited local storage.

How does this compare with Audio Galaxy? I've been using that for a few months and love it. Streaming is instant and the app is updated regularly. Only downside I see is that it looks like Subsonic supports more formats.
    edited June 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Unfortunately, his EVO 4G was not rooted prior to the Android 2.3.3 update, which supplied a new (and locked) bootloader. Until the community cracks this one, his phone escapes unscathed. :(
    ^5 Fatcat. We only told you to do this months ago, you pussy.
    edited June 2011
    Thrax wrote:

I even gave you links, fatcat, you silly bastard. le sigh
  • timuchantimuchan Fishers, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Top five:

Audio Galaxy (use it every time i get in the car) soon to be replaced by Subsonic though it seems... so many more options + video now.

SoundHound

Minecraft Mobile Admin - lets me chat, manage, and view the dynmap of my server (http://mc1064.servercraft.co:1999)

Plume (twitter client, and I'm using a beta of something called Levity that is supposed to due push notifications)

Netflix

Honorable mentions:
    Shush! (lets you set how long the phone will stay muted), Zedge (ringtones and wallpapers), Ventriloid, ROM Manager pro, Evernote, Dropbox, Amazon MP3 (all the time), and DailyComix