GPU - F@H Core download error, waiting before retry

SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
edited March 2010 in Folding@Home
Since k decided to kick my ass because I fell off the last challenge, the announcement of the most recent one reminded me to get my Folding back up to par - but I cannot, for the life of me, get this GPU folding. It's a Win 7 machine running a Radeon 5870 using -gpu 0 -forcegpu ati_r700 tags, and all it does is fail to download the core over and over and over and over and over again.

F%40H%20GPU.png

It's annoying and a massive waste of time, and I can't find anything useful to help me out. Word on the forums say to delete queue.dat and /work, but it hasn't downloaded anything - so there's nothing to delete (and yes, I'm looking in AppData). It can't show me a log file, either, because one hasn't been created.

Help me out, Icrontic. I want to get back on this pony show.

Comments

• _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    When it turns on and the application actually starts to run, do anything, it generates a log file. If it is trying to download a core it should be pumping info into a log.txt file some where about what is going on. Random guess is that you are being bounced by the download servers with a 503 response which would be mean your side router.

Just really need log file data.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Ideas where else to check for the log, then? I'm under Users/<uname>/AppData/Roaming/, and there's nothing there but a few DLLs. :(
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2010
    Have you done the right click on the folding icon and tried to pull up the log file through the application?
    edited March 2010
    If I right click, go to status, and hit log file, it pops up a notepad window and tells me "Cannot find the FAHlog.txt file. Do you want to create a new file?"

But after googling for THAT message and sifting through a few results, I found this thread which appears to have solved my problem. Running it now results in a successful download of a new core and some work units. Looks like we're good to go.
    edited March 2010
    ... except for the fact that when I run it, I get awesome colors of death all over the screen until I quit. Add to that that Catalyst is deciding to shit itself and telling me that my GPU isn't supported, and I'm going to bed. I'll install 10.3 when they come out certified, see if the color correction is fixed, turn on manual fan control in Overdrive, and try again then, see if it's just a heat problem.

Annoyed.