Blizzard releases their "Battle Plan" for World of Warcraft in 2010

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    The level, what, 10? Zalazane has been thwarting the trolls and the Horde?

<i>That's</i> what the stupid Argent Tournament was for?

Christ.
  • TimTim Southwest PA Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    The photo at the top of this article is from the gryphon flight point in Honor Hold, Hellfire Peninsula, Outlands.

I know this because I play WoW.
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited April 2010
    The bird is the word?

Also, I'm pretty sure this hardware upgrade has me more excited than half the features. Being able to experience the week grind to 85 without the constant lag would be amazing.
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I hate Blizzard. They're going to suck me back in again by doing everything that I hoped they'd do eventually.

My first character was a Gnome, and I always wanted to take back Gnomeregan. Of course, they'll probably just screw it up again.

My second character was a Troll Mage, and at level 70 I would go nuke the crap out of the Echo Isles for revenge when I was bored.

And my favorite thing was the levelling content, because I can't be bothered to play the same crap over and over at the end-game to raid with a bunch of asshats. Yay for a whole-world do-over.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    I think you and I are very similar in mentality about this game, Les.
  • coldalarmcoldalarm England, UK
    edited April 2010
    Hmm... I'm still unsure about WoW.
    I quit earlier this year, and I don't know really if I want to come back for Cataclysm. Will it just be more of the same but different looking?
    Shame the Battle Plan didn't give any new info though, it's all old news.
    edited April 2010
    I think you and I are very similar in mentality about this game, Les.

Maybe we need to start a levelling guild that self-destructs or starts over when everyone's 85. Call it Heaven's Gate or something :D

Also, I really wish server transfers were free. Makes me want to like EVE Online or fully-instanced MMOs more. I start over on a new server every time I find a new group of people to hang with. I guess it's a tradeoff... USD$25, or the time to level a new toon.

If anyone wants to play on Maelstrom - I've got a good chunk of my alts there, all Horde, roughly distributed at 10-level intervals between classes.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Its time to move on from WOW.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited April 2010
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited April 2010
    Thrax wrote:
    Fixed.

Hey, ya gotta start somewhere?
    edited April 2010
    Its time to move on from WOW.

Meh, not a big Star Wars fan really. That it's BioWare is tempting, though. I'm an obsessive Mass Effect fiend.

I've also been tempted by Star Trek Online, but have skipped it so far too.

Of course, the other thing is that I'm on a Mac, which WoW supports without rebooting into Windows