Impulse buy

croc_croc_ New
edited January 2004 in Hardware
Item List
MB nForce2|5P1A4D NF7-S V2 ABIT ATX (Qty=1,Price=99.99)
CPU MOBILE AMD|2400+/266 ATHLON XP% (Qty=1,Price=86.00)
CPU ACC|SP-97 HSINK ONLY THR RT (Qty=1,Price=52.99)

It should be here thursday :)
(I am 20 miles from newegg, puts the express in express saver)

:woowoo:

Now find ppl to buy my stuff in the FS thread!!! :P~

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2004
    SP-97 is cheaper on SVC.com Roommate just ordered one as well.
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    Hmmm .... how much cheaper? We will just pretend the extra I spent on the heatsink went towards the fast shipping ;)
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    have fun with the 2400-M...its a sweet little cpu to overclock...let us know ur stepping and how ya do also
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited January 2004
    are the mobile chips locked or unlocked?
  • croc_croc_ New
    edited January 2004
    Bud wrote:
    are the mobile chips locked or unlocked?

I have been told they are all unlocked due to the fact they need to be scaled up and down on the fly. Which reminds me, my friend bought a new AXP mobile laptop, and he went to look @ his hardware properties and it said 450~ mhz, he freaked out. It was pretty funny.
  • edited January 2004
    Definitely unlocked. The nf7 will see the default multi as a 6 with the mobile 2400. Both of my 2400's will do over 2300 MHz at 1.85v vcore.
    edited January 2004
    could you take 2 amd-mobiles and put them in a dual cpu board and would they work? also are the mp unlocked.
    edited January 2004
    no good, my hopes just got shot down
  • edited January 2004
    You can but you will have to do some bridge mods to do it, which AMD made harder to do when they put that fake pcb crap on top of the package. I've been contemplating trying it out on my 2 2400m's but I haven't gotten around to it yet. You will also have to mod the multi to a 15-16.5 for you to get some meaningful speed out of them on an MPX board too.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited January 2004
    It wasnt much cheaper. I guess with shipping being cheaper its most likely the same.